“True? Yes, it’s true!”

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, the place where scuba divers come to dive their tank and/or computer profile. Our goal is to have each diver achieve the longest bottom time possible-SAFELY. We do not do DECO dives. We also take a longer surface interval in-between dives. We offer plenty of water to keep hydrated and snacks of sweet bread and fruit. Our boat is fast and comfortable. We have a fresh water shower on board to wash the salt off your face and for a camera rinse. Our crew sets up your gear and also takes it back to the shop where it is rinsed and brought back to the boat the next day for your dives. Our dive masters have years of experience diving the reefs of Cozumel. We understand that you work hard for your vacation dollars and want your experience with Tres Pelicanos to be a memorable one. We know that we cannot improve on the wonderful underwater world of Cozumel so we work hard at giving you the best customer service possible. We want the time when you first step on the boat until you enter the water and then back to the dock to be the most relaxing and enjoyable time of your vacation. So come on in and become a member of our Pelican family. Thanks Steve
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After one year in business, Tres Pelicanos Dive Center in Cozumel has received 50 TripAdvisor reviews, every one of them a 5-star rave. Can that be true? After spending two weeks diving with them, I know that it is.

The best dive boat in Cozumel? I believe so. At 33x10 ft and powered by a 300hp 4-stroke Yamaha, it combines room, stability and shade with great speed. There’s ample space for multiple divemasters to work with multiple groups. Easy-out, easy-in; a lot of thought went into the boat, and it shows.

Great diving? Sure, it’s Cozumel. I’ve been returning for 14 years and always have a great time, however this past trip was special. I thought I’d done it all, however lead divemaster Servando treated me to several new places and new things. I’ve never been in the water with anyone better than he.

Fine folks? They are. The owner is hands-on; he understands that this is your vacation as well as his business - that no one is happy unless everyone is happy. Email communication and arrangements are handled by native English (US) speakers, people with deep knowledge of the island. As a former ex-pat, I tend to ask twice, sometimes three times, to make sure that things are organized as expected, at least until I know they’re in better hands than mine. At Tres Pelicanos, they are. If you are lucky, you might get Mike and/or Jeanie to dive with you. They will both make you ready to sell the farm and move to Coz.

So yes, it’s really all true. This is a great dive op that tries harder in one of the best scuba locations in the world. Gracias por todo Tres Pelicanos, add me to your list of 5-star happy customers.

1  Thank Little B
manta_man_505, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you Casey and Joe---Not only for choosing to dive with our shop, but for the very kind review that you sent to Trip Advisor. It is just exactly the kind of review that we needed at this point in our short history.
August 25th will mark one year to the day when we took out our first paying diver. Since that time Tres Pelicanos has grown exponentially. Trip Advisor has become one of our best tools in bringing in new clients. I have been told that some of the posting boards---opinions from posters-- reflect that Trip Advisor reviews should not always be taken at face value. Well I can say as owner of Tres Pelicanos, Trip Advisor has really helped our shop evolve from its inaugural beginnings to a very well liked and respected dive operation.
I can understand the opinions of others who look at TA and see nothing but five star reviews. YES I would be wary myself---can they really be that good????? Well all I can say is THANK YOU to all the guests that we have satisfied and took the time to say thank you back to us by commenting on TA.
Casey and Joe, your comments bring it straight down to the basic facts----great boat---great people-- and most importantly---GREAT DIVE MASTER. Without these Tres Pelicanos would not get the five stars and in most likelihood--would not have survived its first year.
Thank both of you for joining our growing PELICAN family. We all look forward to your next visit. We especially thank you for your review on Trip Advisor----Steve

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Dear divers,

If you are into serious diving you should dive with this crew!!! Excelent knowledge of the different reefs and opened to suggestion as where to dive. Servando has 20+ years of diving in the area and still he seems to enjoy every dive as much as we do... You will for sure keep in your mind these dives for a long, long time...

All the Best,
Gustavo Lemcke

manta_man_505, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Gustavo thank you very much for your review of our dive operation in Cozumel. We certainly enjoyed your visit and of course are sorry to see you go. Hopefully we will meet again in the near future. Until then, know that you are now a very welcomed member of our growing PELICAN family. A group of terrific people who really enjoy diving. Especially the way TRES PELICANOS dives---the way divers like to dive.
Please come visit us again, Steve

Reviewed July 20, 2013

What is not to like about this operation. I have dove with Servando (please forgive spelling) several times before at his previous place of employment. Whether you are on dive #1 or dive #300 he will make you feel at ease. He knows all the reefs, and all the critters that inhabit them. You can be rest assured that if you are following him through a swim through, you will come out on the other end. Pony what is not to love about Pony, these ease in scheduling your dives, getting nitrox fills could not be easier. Then there is the boat, "Skinny Shark" what can be said about it that hasn't been said before, the room, oh what room there is, can easily fit 10 with room to spare, no flipper crossing on that boat. The 300 HP motor is fast, and quiet, and the man at the helm Francisco is very friendly and helpful getting in and out of the water. It is a 1st class operation, that believes in safe extended bottom times, 2-4 reefs on shallow dives if you have the air, I have officially become a Pelican, and they will be my dive operation of choice.

1  Thank Steve S
manta_man_505, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Steve S Thank you for your very nice review of our dive operation--- Tres Pelicanos. The points that you hit on are exactly why our dive center continues to bring in new clients. As you stated, ---we dive the way we think divers want to dive. Bottom times determined by your tank or your dive profile done safely with longer surface interval times in between. However as you reported, --- our staff is our best asset.
Servando (you spelled it correctly) is the best. Knows the reefs and will take you over two or three different reefs on one dive.
Pony is one of the best managers in Cozumel. He keeps the operation organized getting the divers signed in and to the boat. He also keeps our equipment in great condition.
Finally when you have a boat captain like Francisco (aka Chaflan) with his contagious smile-- and a boat like the Skinny Shark--well-- that all translates into TRES PELICANOS. Those three and Jeanie Buscher are the reason TRES PELICANOS continues to grow-------OH and also by having great new PELICANS like you joining our family.
Thank you so much for giving our shop a try and please come back down soon.
Steve.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience with Tres Pelicanos. From the email correspondence with Jeanie, to the actual dives everything was very professional.
Servando is a great dive guide. He knows the reefs extremely well. Often our second tank would be spent on multiple reefs, as he lead us from San Clemente to Punta Tunich or Yucab to the Virgin Wall. Our last dive was spent riding fast currents across Paso del Cedral before whipping down the top of Santa Rosa Wall, my favorite dive of the trip.
We successfully avoided other dive groups and all divers got to dive their air or computer limits. The groups were always small and integrated seasoned vets with newer divers seamlessly. The boat Caption Francisco was very skillful always right there to pick up surfaced divers with a smile. Pony took great care of us at the shop often helping us ID fish after dives. Lastly, the skinny shark is the perfect boat for Cozumel diving.
I will be using Tres Pelicanos next time I visit the island.

2  Thank MitchL999
manta_man_505, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Mitchl999
Thank you for the very kind review of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. We are happy that your dives were as good or better than you expected. Our staff works hard to make every diver's visit a memorable one. From Pony in the shop to Jeanie on the internet to Francisco and Servando on the boat and the boat itself---all together makes TRES PELICANOS the type of dive center where divers can dive their air or computer. We work hard to make your visit as easy as possible, From taking care of your gear to getting you to the boat---our customer service is what we try to do better than everyone else.
I as owner of the shop, I especially liked your last sentence where you stated that you will return again. You are now a PELICAN and we can't wait for you to return and dive with our growing PELICAN family. Thank you again, Steve.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just got home from an 11 day trip to Cozumel. We dove with Tres Pelicanos. It was a fabulous experience. Pony as always, took great care of us. He had our diving setup for all the days we were there and stayed in constant communication with us. If we had any changes, he was extremely accommodating and made our trip wonderful.

Servando was our divemaster and he was absolutely awesome. We have gone diving in Cozumel many times and my husband (an instructor) who is very picky told me that Servando is the best divemaster/instructor he has been diving with in Cozumel. I had a bucket list of things I wanted to see on this trip and Servando managed to find every single creature! Made me very happy!

We were a little nervous about the taxi ride to the marina(the outfit we have dove with in the past, you just got on a boat), but it was really quite easy. Pony brought the taxi to our rented house several of the days and on a few of the other days we walked a couple of blocks to the dive shop. Tres Pelicanos paid for the taxi to and from the marina. The taxi dropped us right back at our house.

The "Skinny Shark" was one of the best dive boats we have been on also. It has seating for 12 (I think) but it is wide, much wider than other small boats I have been on. So not only do you have room to move around and get your gear on without bumping into anyone, it is very stable also. And Francisco our boat driver, he was the bomb. Helped setup gear, helped me put it on, helped me get back on the boat and get my gear off! But most importantly, he was always in the right spot at the right time!

You couldn't ask for nicer people! They made the whole experience fun and stress free.

manta_man_505, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Kelz1004
What a terrific review or our dive shop, Tres Pelicanos. We are so glad that your experience diving with us was so enjoyable. The folks that you mentioned in your review are the true Pelicans of our shop. My staff is the main reason that we have been successful and why great divers such as you return to visit again. Pony as you know is very professional in organizing and making sure his guests needs are taken care of.
Francisco is a great assistant to Servando in taking care of his divers. He prides himself in getting the divers ready for entry and especially being prompt in picking up the group after. His smile is contagious and everyone on board truly enjoys him. However his skill at being the boat captain is why he is a Pelican. He operates the Skinny Shark safely and takes pride in being the captain of one of the best boats on the Island.
Servando----well he is our not so secret weapon. Your husband hit it perfectly----one of the best dive masters-----He is called Maestro by all the other local dive masters. Tres Pelicanos would not be where we are today without Servando leading our guests. You are not alone in having a list of items that you would like to see beneath the waves in Servando's back yard. He is remarkable at finding everything from macro to gigantic.
Thank you so much for not only diving with us but also your review of our dive operation. Trip Advisor has been a tremendous boost to our business and it is because of divers like you who have sent in reviews telling the world about your experience. You are now a very welcomed PELICAN and we can't wait to see you again SOON.
Steve