Open today: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Safe Tours Cozumel tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Safe Tours Cozumel
All reviews casa mission hour tour private island tour chocolate factory driver guide mayan ruins excellent tour glass bottom boat meeting point tour ended air conditioned van points of interest cruise ship tequila tour port area el cedral highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I recently booked a two snorkeling package while on a trip quick to Cozumel and had a fantastic time. A very friendly crew and great personalized service with a wonderful laidback vibe!! This was essentially a private tour and we got to see a lot of wonderful things. Thanks a bunch!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Carnival cruise to Cozumel; booked the noon time slot for reef snorkeling (directly with Safe Tours, not via the cruise line).
Sofia met us in the lobby of El Cid la Cieba then lead us to the boat where we met our guides, Julian y Miguel. Our party of four - all good swimmers - were immediately put at ease by these gentlemen, both with their warm smiles & friendly personalities and their attention to safety (and fun).
The boat deck was well taken care of by Julian , there was a cooler full of drinks (water, soda, and beer) for everyone, and Miguel went out of his way to show us special coral formations, give a bit of a history lesson, and point out different aquatic species (both common and special). Too, they took lots of photos, both on the boat and while in the water, then emailed them to us.
Everyone in our group had a great time and cannot praise these gentlemen (and Safe Tours) enough. THANK YOU, both for a fantastic little adventure AND for welcoming us to your beautiful area of Mexico! We'll definitely book another tour when we come back.

1  Thank DoingItTogether
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

The staff couldn't have been any more fun and friendlier. The adventure was unforgettable. Thank you

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed August 9, 2018

This was the 2nd time we have used Safe Tours Cozumel and were just as pleased this time as the first. This trip we chose the Private Island Tour. We were greeted by Arturo and his assistant and were given our wristbands bands while we waited on our guide to arrive. He got there just a few minutes later and we were off in our air conditioned van. He showed us several different parts of town away from the "touristy" port area, we visited the chocolate factory and tasted 20 kinds of chocolate, the ruins, which were very interesting, we went to the other side of the island where the locals hang out and eat. It was very pretty there. We saw a crocodile in the wild, a peacock, a chicken, a cat and dog & another crocodile at a beach club where the owner does animal rescues. We stopped at a 2nd beach club where we got enjoy the beach for a brief time. It was gorgeous. We had lunch at a restaurant away from port that was also very good. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly and he was New York Yankee fan just like we are. We love Safe Tours Cozumel.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I was traveling to Cozumel with my little boy from our hotel in the riviera maya, I had a great diving time withSafe Tours, but this time I was taking my 8 years old boy for a reef trip, I brin my divink mask and snorkel but they offer to my son a mask and a new snokel, help him to wear it and during the 3 diving time were always looking that we were ok. The experience were so great that two days later my son ask to repeat the trip!

2  Thank mtrias
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We did a 3 hour private tour of the island. Our driver, Xavier, was excellent. He showed us all the spots on the island that we hadn't gotten to see during our trip. He answered all of our questions, gave us good suggestions, took great pictures and was fun to spend the afternoon with. Safe tours was helpful in scheduling our tour to fit around our flight and our last minute plans.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I visited Cozumel on a cruise and decided to book a tour w/ Safe Tours instead of the cruise ship. Best decision!

Our driver / tour guide Sergio was phenomenal! We met at a popular location near the cruise ship port, and were led to his taxi. He was super knowledgeable and showed us cool parts of Cozumel that I hadn’t seen before: historical sites, commemorative cultural sites, etc. And he took us to the “other” side of the island...with miles of natural beach and great spots to take photos.

We also visited Punta Sur which I highly recommend. There’s a separate entrance fee but it’s a cool place to visit, with a beautiful beach area included in the price. Sergio had snorkel equipment for us too!

All in all, we had a wonderful tour, learned some cool things, and had a great beach day all in one.

So glad I found this company on TA!

1  Thank Seline H
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Gizmo was our tour guide on the Jeep tour. We had a wonderful time. He kept us entertained and informed. We would recommend this tour! Arrangements were easy and price was good. Liked the air conditioned jeep

1  Thank cammary
Reviewed April 25, 2018

This was the second time I have done the 5 hour tour of Cozumel with Safe Tours Cozumel, while on a cruise. It's been a good experience both times! It's very convenient to see a few places around the island without having to rent a car, and not have to worry about trying to catch another taxi to the next spot. Our driver was Omar and he was a safe, courteous driver. Our 5 hours went very fast, and we ended up deciding to stay at the Tortuga Beach Club (one of the included restaurant choices) to swim and snorkel, way past our tour time. We told Omar we would just find a taxi back when we were done. Arturo came and checked on us at the restaurant and made sure we had a taxi back to the port. It's clear that Arturo wants to make sure every single person has a good experience with his company from start to finish, and it's nice to see that. I highly recommend using Safe Tours Cozumel while visiting this beautiful island!

1  Thank Allison B
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Starting with Gregorio picking us up at our hotel, this day long excursion was a lot of fun. We were met by Francisco (our guide for the day) in Playa del Carmen, took the ferry across to Cozumel (no problems although there is a heavy security presence) and were given a tour of the town square, shops and churches before we went Snorkeling. Francisco, being from Cozumel, was knowledgeable about its history and gave us many insights we would not otherwise have known.
Our glass bottom boat Snorkeling excursion (2 1/2 hours) took us to 3 reefs close by. They were all great, but the third and most shallow gave us the best sights of fish, rays and the coral reef itself.
When we returned to shore, Francisco was waiting to accompany us to lunch at the Mission Restaurant (excellent food and service). Then we did a bit of shopping, went back to Playa del Carmen (all accompanied by Francisco) and Gregorio was there to drive us back to our hotel in Tulum. It was wonderful having a local guide throughout the whole excursion. I would recommend this tour for all ages who like to meet and learn about local people and love to snorkel.

1  Thank Margaret D