“Amazing Food and Great People”

La Casita de Indio 333
Ranked #53 of 415 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed June 11, 2013

You have to check Indio's out if you are on the island! It's a great break from all the tourist-attraction restuarants in Cozumel. It's a super casual place with great food and a fun atmosphere. You can sit outside if you want to enjoy some sidewalk viewing or sit inside if you prefer. Both owners were there and were super friendly. They even informed us that they could make whatever we wanted if we didn't see what we liked on the menu. I am not exaggerating when I say that the Chimichanga Burrito was the best food I had the whole week that I was on the island. I washed it down with a bottled Coke and my total bill was about $10. I tried to go back the next night, but I think I arrived too late and they were closed.... Defitnitely going back next time I'm on the island!

1  Thank thelarrysandersshow

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Indios out did himself this time. Our special anniversary dinner was something new and different that we had never had before, fish tamales! I am not sure if it is on the menu, but it should be. Excellent food and very affordable! See you again soon!

1  Thank t8bacon
Indio S, Owner at La Casita de Indio 333, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for coming back to visit us at La Casita de Indio. We are happy that you decided to celebrate with us. It was great to see you again!

Indio and family

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to Indios based on some comments from here and other places. While the presentation of the two types of chimichangas we got were nice, the food lacked flavor. I had the beef chimis and more than once I bit into a grissley piece of meat that couldn't be eaten.

We visit Cozumel 4-5 times a year and eat all over the island. This place left us less than enthused about going back.

Dear msl500,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our restaurant and to post a review on TripAdvisor. We apologize for your unpleasant experience with your meal. We endeavor to keep the freshest, highest ingredients on-hand and to prepare your food with care, yet recognize that not every dish will be perfect. We invite you to return to our restaurant and sample the same dish or another meal of your choosing (comparably priced) on the house. Also, we offer a variety of homemade salsas at varying levels of spiciness, as personal preferences vary- green salsa, red salsa, habanero sauce, etc, and can prepare sauces to order.

We hope to see you soon!

Indio and family

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Fabulous seafood, prepared with skill and lots of love. The mixed seafood grill was so good we went back the next night. Indio prepared octopus ceviche and grilled octopus for my son. It was excellent, and I am not a fan of octopus. The stuffed fish steamed in banana leaves was perfect. Indio was delighted to share the recipe and his technique. The restaurant was relaxed and fun. My son and I were treated as family. I am looking forward to many more meals at Indio's

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Indio is the chef and he is truly a master. Casita de Indios is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant apparently still under construction inside. The few outdoor tables are usually packed because fresh fish sells! Tonight I had the special, grilled Tuna fillets!!! Some much food served with rice, lettuce and salsa. Indio said the company's boat just caught 4 kilos of tuna that morning...and it sure tasted like it too. I'm coming here again this week for sure! Great service, free wifi, 2 blocks from the El Cento Plaza and very very affordable!