“Must have the lion fish!! it's delish.”

LA Bahia del Caribe
Ranked #116 of 445 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 7, 2017

This place was right near the place we were staying. It looks like someones house from the street, but once you go into the back yard it a full blown restaurant. I got the lion fish tacos, and the were great. should have went here much earlier in our stay.

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

So happy to have been there. Waiters are veryyyy nice and helpful (hard to find it in mexico in turistic places). We enjoyed our dinner, it was great. I never ate lion fish before, and i was so happy with my choice. It was delicious. I had it with garlic and my boyfriend had is with a mexican sauce that was delicious also. I totally recommend this place!! Its well made and you will eat a new dish that you wont find everywhere.

Reviewed December 9, 2016

We were pleasantly surprised and had a very relaxing meal here tonight at the recommendation of our dive master. My wife wanted to try lion fish (Pesca de Leon) as it is a predator to the Cozumel reef (not native to Caribbean) and Bahia del Caribe specializes in lion fish, lobster and shrimp.

A little off the beaten path, this restaurant is located a (long) block back from the main strip and hidden behind another building set back from the road under a huge palapa and shaded by trees. The temperature dropped upon entry and we were greeted in English by a very friendly owner who was enjoying his own shrimp cocktail (always a good sign when the owner eats his own food).

My wife got a grilled rock fish and I had shrimp and cheese tacos. Both were excellent (we share). Our waiter was friendly and prompt with refilling drinks and nachos. Considering the quality and taste of the food, we found our $25 meal (for both of us including tip) to be quite economical (much better than the $40 "okay" meal we had on the strip).

A little tricky to find .. but well worth it.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

I was the only diner around 7pm in October. I ordered Jamaica (hibiscus tea) which was very delicious, and now know that it tastes even better with lime! I never had hibiscus with lime before. I ordered the lion fish prepared tikin xic, a yuca tan Mayan specialty. It was my first time trying it and enjoyed the acidity. It was cooked in a banana leaf. The waiter spoke English. I enjoyed my last meal on Cozumel.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

We were in Cozumel for a week and one of the locals recommended this place to us. I'm glad we found it, the food was amazing! It was so good we ate there 2x and I wouldnt have had any issues eating there several more. We had the biggest grilled Lionfish they had 2x, lionfish tacos 2x, Camarones el diablo, Lionfish Ceviche, Octopus/Shrimp/Lionfish seafood cocktail, and of course many cervezas! Sol for me and Tecate light for the gf. Really fantastic meals. Completely enjoyable dining experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Mrbeltswildride