Tripadvisor
Cozumel
Ultimate Cozumel Island Buggy Tour
Review Highlights
To punta molas and behind

Reviewed December 13, 2019
annaisa1
Gulf Breeze, Florida
If you're looking to tour the Island as a "local", Omar's your guy!

Reviewed August 5, 2019
wmkelly

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $82.00
from $77.55
from $70.77
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews pico de gallo tequila tour guacamole manual transmission mayan temple highly recommend this tour sky reef great guide chicken tacos learned how amazing experience omar vw cars memorial vehicle hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2019

My brother and I wanted to go to the north side of the island past el Castillo Omar was referred to us by Angel at ISIS Rental cars
I personally live on the island full time and I wanted to show my brother visiting us from France the real Cozumel
Omar was great we had a private tour in a buggy up to el castillo
Omar also is a wonderful cook
It feel like we made a new friend
Highly recommend his tours and we will be doing it again

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

Hands down one of the best tours I've had. Omar is as genuine as they come and treats you like family. We did (4) excursions on a recent cruise and Omar was voted as our families favorite (wife and I and two kids...13 & 11). Tour was exactly as described and so much more. Thanks again, Omar!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

We rented the vw buggies with Omar and highly recommend Omar. We accidentally booked the wrong day due to wi-fi problems we had on the ship but Omar was so accommodating. Super nice/friendly and my son teenage son enjoyed riding with him and learning more about Cozumel. We didn't have time to do all the things included but it still enjoyable and you can skip certain parts if everyone in your party agrees. The food he made for lunch/grilled chicken/guac/pico de Gallo- all were delicious. He took us to less 'touristy" areas which we always love to do. The tour takes you around the whole island with the options to stop at a tequila tour, snorkeling area, beach, and this park type area to learn about Mayan culture with little shops. Overall great experience. We have been to Cozumel before twice and have done other things on the island so we opted for a different experience this time and it was worth it.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

We originally had booked with Omar for a Cozumel ISLAND Buggy Tour.

Poncho instead greeted us and advised he would be our guide. Instead of the buggys we had dune buggy type vehicles.

Poncho had brought a long his 2 young daughters who were very sweet. We enjoyed interacting with both of them exchanging english and spanish languages.

We had requested a route specific to our interests with a stop to San Gervasio ruins first. It was most important to us.

Lunch at Welcome to Miami was great. Loved the hammocks and the pina coladas were the best i have ever had.

In hindsight, the only change we would have made was to forgo the tequila tasting and spend more time snorkeling.

We all had an amazing day and Poncho and his daughters were wonderful.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

This was a fun time. We have been Cozumel quite a few times and always do the buggy tours and we have never been let down. This trip our guide was Poncho and he was Awesome. Beer was cold and the chicken and rice lunch was perfect, loved the guacamole too. Of course we will do it again!

Date of experience: December 2018