“Snorkeling With Eagle Ray Divers”
Review of Eagle Ray Divers

Eagle Ray Divers
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed a beautiful day of snorkeling with Eagle Ray. We did the three reef trip with lunch. We arrived 30 minutes late due to traffic problems from the Iron Man competition, but they were very accommodating. My wife and I and our two sons were the only customers on the trip so they tailored the afternoon to our requests. Tony did an excellent job of pointing out numerous types of sea life including lion fish, parrot fish, sea turtles, grouper, small sharks, a barracuda and a huge eagle ray. To top it off, a half-dozen dolphins escorted us on the boat ride back. The trip was one of the highlights of our vacation.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

First off I apologize to Eagle Ray for taking so long to post this review. We got back from our cruise and I went into an immediate busy time at work and just haven't had the time. In late September my husband and I took our annual birthday cruise. We had set up with another company for a snorkel trip, the Saturday night before our Sunday departure we were notified by the company that they couldn't take us. So, I immediately went on Trip Advisor to find another company who might be able to help us. I contacted three companies and Diana from Eagle Ray wrote back quickly and said they could take us out. She gave us the information for a deposit and we paid it. We arrived in Cozumel and took a short taxi ride to the marina. We arrived and were met by Leo who was our guide for the day. Such an interesting and helpful young man and we enjoyed our day with him immensely. We did a three reefs and he was the best at pointing out things for us to see and keeping us out of harms way. He was informative and friendly and we had just the best day! I highly recommend this company and will use them again for sure. I forgot to mention that when we arrived it turned out we were their only customers for snorkeling for the day and they took us despite that. The other company I booked with canceled on us because the other group had backed out. I truly appreciate the fantastic customer service of Diana, Leo, and the Eagle Ray Team. Thanks for making our time in Cozumel so much fun!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were on a cruise and rather then book through the cruise ship we did a pre arranged scuba and snorkel trip for a group of 8. Now, I am a dive master and have alot of experience in cozumel with many operators (we have stayed there for a weeks over the last few years) The pros of Eagle Ray-GREAT STAFF. The con-their boats are very old and VERY slow. What should of been a 3 hour trip took 5 because the boats were SLOW and old. We were passed by a caterman with the sail up, so if that gives you an idea of how slow there boats are then there you go. Again, GREAT people but they need a boat

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I booked an all inclusive 3-reef snorkel with Eagle Ray Divers along with 13 other friends. We were on a cruise and Cozumel was one of the ports on our itinerary. Instead of booking a snorkel through the cruise line, some friends of ours who had snorkeled through Eagle Ray Divers previously insisted that this would be our best option. They were right!! The rate we were charged was reasonable and included snorkeling at 3 different reef locations, lunch at The Money Bar, and drinks and snacks on the boat. We did have to pay a small "marine park" fee required by the Mexican government. I think it was only $2.50 per person, but don't quote me on that. Furthermore, it only took 5 minutes via taxi to get to the marina where Eagle Ray is located. The taxis are inexpensive in Cozumel. We had a big group, so we took two taxi vans with 7 people each. We were able to book a private charter since we had 14 people in our group.

Everyone at Eagle Ray was very friendly. When we arrived at the marina, our boat, the Miguelito, was waiting for us, along with our captains and guides, Tony and Leo. The boat was stocked with soda, water, beer. In fact, we were even asked if we needed more beer. The answer was "yes," so they stocked the coolers with more beer. Snacks included fresh pineapple, watermelon and cookies.

We snorkeled at a shallow reef and then a deep reef. After that, we sailed over to The Money Bar where Tony and Leo docked the boat. We had lunch at no extra charge with a nice view. Following lunch, we once again taken to a shallow reef. By that point, I was feeling a little waterlogged, so I opted to just hang back on the boat.

While we were in the water, Tony and Leo pointed out many different fish, stingrays, eels, etc... They really went above and beyond to make sure that we were getting the most we could out of our time in the water.

Our cruise ship was docked in Cozumel for nine hours, and we were on our excursion for almost eight hours. We really got our money's worth with this excursion. It was eight hours of pure fun.

We snorkeled in Cozumel one time previously, but that snorkeling excursion was booked through the cruise ship's excursion desk...and I can honestly say that there was no comparison between the two experiences.

Eagle Ray Divers really went the extra mile to make sure that we all had a wonderful time. I HIGHLY recommend booking a snorkeling excursion with Eagle Ray Divers when you visit Cozumel. We will be doing this again next September. Loved it!!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

These guys are the absolute best!! My finance,his son, and wife originally set out to snorkel but Antonio suggested we try scuba diving as we watched another couple put their gear in in the next boat.. I was very nervous but ready to try!! He gave us our beginners class and assured me I would be " Ok" and remember just relax and breath.. And if i needed he would hold my hand. Before I knew it he had me about 40ft under and he did in fact have to hold my hand the entire time .. Lol !! I will recommend and use eagle ray divers again! Thank you Antonio and his very friendly crew that made this an experience of a life time for us :) you are the best of the best!!