Our flight got in at 8 in the morning on a direct flight from Toronto and we were in the hotel by nine – to our delight our rooms were ready.
Very comfortable feel about the hotel and friendly staff.
We were unpacked by 10 and golfing by noon – just great.
Deluxe ocean view room (North building – three story) was clean and comfortable – but no elevator!
No coffee maker in the rooms so leave your can of Tim Horton's at home.
Bathroom was a little small and air conditioning had a musty smell.
Fortunately we had a nice breeze and didn’t need air conditioning.
Our friends had a junior suite (South building - highrise) which was much larger and a little more upscale.
Noticed a slight septic smell every night in the highrise – did not notice it in our building.
Close to airport and town - no 90 minute bus rides here!
$7 cab ride to town or golf course – cabs everywhere
Good enough but not exceptional (except for wings offered at the Grille during the day).
Butter would be nice for the rolls.
A la carte restaurants / try the seafood salad in the Paradaiso if you like fish.
Didn’t like lining up to book dinner at 10am – after 8:30pm there were always openings when we checked.
You have to call each day if you want your fridge restocked.
The grill at the golf course across the road makes a great Mexican lunch and huge margaritas. It was a great way to finish the round / we made a trip there one day just to have lunch.
Had margaritas at Wet Wendy’s in town – they were expensive and more like a dessert - not to our liking.
Afterwards had dinner at the Casa Denis just off the main square – the Mexican platter was excellent and the price for dinner and drinks was about the same as for a round of margaritas at Wet Wendy’s.
Very clean – raked every morning
A bit rocky in the water at the north end of the beach.
Snorkel off the south side of the pier at the neighbouring El Cozumeleno for clearer water and lots of fish.
Took the Fury snorkeling trip for $59 each. It was quite windy on our trip so the water was choppy and cloudy. Not the best day to snorkel or to get on and off a catamaran that is not allowed to anchor in the coral reefs! Good deal for a day out and would definitely try again when winds are 10 km/h (6 mph).
The fast fairways added about 20 yds roll to our drives so we felt pretty good
Greens were typical Nicklaus – fast and lots of undulations.
Suggest hitting short of green and chipping to the hole – often will leave an easier uphill put.
We left our clubs at the course and tipped the attendants 50 pesos for cleaning our clubs each day.
We would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island's premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel