Our group of three over-50ish couples have traveled together often in the Caribbean and we always have fun. That said, we had a great vacation at Melia Cozumel.
The food at the buffets was fine, not great. Breakfast I thought was weakest, but I'm not a big fan of typical breakfast fare so I look for other options which I have usually found at other resorts. The two specialty restaurants were better than the buffet but they still use the old reservation method where someone from the group has to stand in line at 10am every day.
We were surprised that they did not offer bar service to the pool area or beach. It didn't hurt to get up and go to the bar but it's nice to be pampered a little on vacation. The liquor selection was poor. Mostly domestic. Any port in a storm, though! ;)
We had crazy weather. We hired a cab driver to take us bar hopping around the island one rainy (??!) day and it was cold, but great fun. We had drinks and appetizers (great ceviche) at The Money Bar (only ones there), Coconuts, the reggae bar and a couple others.
We love Migual and Tequila Town downtown to the left of the clock in the plaza. We have stopped before and were welcomed back this time. Had to go twice actually. The second time to buy delicious small batch tequila to bring home. Migual recommended dinner at La Mission and it was delicious! The special that night was lobster tail, grilled shrimp and grouper with sides including tortilla soup for --- wait for it --- $21. We couldn't touch a meal like that in western Minnesota for that $$ and it was delicious! We also loved Guido's. Excellent food including spinach pasta, and DESSERT! Coconut ice cream and the most decadent chocolate brownie - a little crunchy outer layer and warm inside. Don't get me started! The house wine was good too.
We usually stay in Playa del Carmen. We love PlayCar Palace, Iberostar, Riu Palace by the golf course. Just a step or two up from Melia. So while we had a fantastic vacation we probably will not got back to Melia, but will be back to Cozumel. At least to get more tequila from Migual!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island's premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel