“Great service, great food, awesome view at night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buccanos at Night

Buccanos at Night
Reserve with OpenTable
Buccanos at Night is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Multi-ethnic, multi-sensory dining experience where flavors clash on purpose. Contemporary seafood, fresh fish & premium quality ingredients that change with the season. Oceanview dining terrace with a panoramic view of the mainland skyline enhanced by torches & candlelight. A more relaxed and social approach to dining awaits you at 'Buccanos at Night' Friday and Saturday evening from 6-10:30pm
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great service, great food, awesome view at night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

If your in Cozumel at night (Fri&Sat), definitely go here for dinner. The food was awesome and the service was great. We spend a whole day hanging out on a Wednesday, has a nice sand beach and pool. Cool place to visit, I would say our favorite place in Cozumel (we stayed a week).

• Visited June 2014

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Our new Cozumel tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the sort of restaurant you may have visited in a dream once. The grounds sprawl, but as much is flame-lit at night the sense of something waiting to be discovered through the next corridor accompanies you at every step. Just getting there takes you north of San Miguel, where many staying on the island may have little cause to go. The drive takes you away from the throng of cars, scooters, and pedestrians. The walk in through the Buccanos entrance takes you back two centuries. The cool stone and stucco lead to the dining area settled poolside and overlooking the sea, the lights of Playa del Carmen shimmering in the distance.
Special items supplement the sophisticated and playful menu items (lobster nachos, anyone?), and as I lay no claim to culinary expertise, I threw caution to the wind and ordered the wahoo special, prepared with ingredients I could neither pronounce nor identify if you paid me. I could, however, eat them. Combined with a favorite Santa Margherita pinot grigio, the perfectly prepared and presented meal satisfied completely.
If you are looking for a night of outdoor dining in an elegant setting notable for both architectural and natural beauty, stunning food, and attentive but never intrusive service, make your reservation today, remembering that you have only two night a week to find them open.
PS: You may want to dab on some insect repellent before you go.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, overbearing management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The food is spectacular and the setting/ambiance couldn't be better. Really good drinks as well. We were greeted and seated by Anne, who was awesome. The evening was going great until an overly zealous blonde manager started "helping" our waiter, who was doing a great job. She even took away a plate and threw the food away as we were telling the waiter to box it up. She had good intentions, but did not listen to the customer, she was focused on managing the already great waiter.

1 Thank Kristina S
Arkansas
“20th Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is not one of the best meals, it is THE best meal we have ever had at a restaurant! The chef, Inez, and her staff - Anne, Bosco, and Louis, are outstanding. We ordered the Lobster Nachos, Blackened Mahi Mahi tacos, and the Parmesan Chorizo Chicken Breast then had the Sexiness by Chocolate for desert. Everything and I mean everything was beyond perfect!

My husband made the reservations about 3 weeks ahead of time and arranged for a certain bottle of wine and a great table for our 20th anniversary. Anne (we loved her!) handled everything without any mishaps and was actually my husband's hero upon our arrival, as this was a surprise anniversary dinner to me! The atmosphere was very romantic, the service was crazy perfect, and, well, just everything was wonderful.

We were seated and as it was just about sunset, a can of Off and a flashlight for each of us was brought to our table. This spoke millions to the level of service they offer. Yes, I used the bug spray on my legs and was very thankful for it, not to mention that it actually was a pleasant scented spray. How anyone could complain of this offer of comfort is beyond me, as a lot of the seating is actually on the beach and yes - there are some mosquitoes - just use the spray!

Inez ( we loved her too!) came to our table and explained the specials and answered any questions we had. After we ordered, she anticipated that the sauce usually served with the chicken would not pair with the Truffle Pablano Cream we ordered to go with the chicken and after confirming what I liked, changed it to my taste - Perfect! But - had I known the Mahi Mahi tacos were that amazing (and when I say amazing - keep in mind that I don't eat fish) I would have ordered them instead! I also don't eat lobster and the Lobster Nachos were to die for! Did I mention the fresh fig martini? I also don't drink martinis and this was over the top!

Bosco, I think he is also a chef, was always available to staff and guests. He is extremely polite and very knowledgeable of the menu and was able to answer every question we had, we loved him!

To Louis, our server, Thank You! You were a part of this wonderful evening and we could not have asked for a more efficient, polite, professional yet fun and just great server, we loved you too!

This was our 4th visit to Cozumel and our 1st visit to Buccanos by Night. We feel we have cheated ourselves. If we had 4 years to do over again, we would have made reservations here every single time. This will be without a doubt our go to place and the absolute one thing, if anything, we do on future visits!

Inez, Anne, Bosco and Louis: Thank you for making our 20th Anniversary dinner something we will remember as a positive for the rest of our lives! We look forward to seeing you next year!

To those who are undecided - just do it - make a reservation and go have the best meal and dining experience EVER!

Chris and Christine (Moscato Girl!)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank chrisx3
i_falkenberg, Owner at Buccanos at Night, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
What a beautiful review and thank you. We all enjoyed your company and were honoured to have been part of your special day. See you next year.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very Special night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Absolutely beautiful, romantic atmosphere for our 40th anniversary. Complimentary drink for our special occasion and specially prepared meal by Chef/ owner Inez. It looked like a movie set it was so beautiful and we were told movies had been filmed there. Food was very good. Everyone was so accommodating and treated us very special. They are open for dinner by reservation only on Friday & Saturday nights. Only one reservation per table so you have the entire evening to enjoy yourself. A lot of attention is given to make sure your evening is perfect.

Visited April 2014