“"Best Christmas Gift Ever!"”

Dolphin Discovery Cozumel
Ranked #18 of 159 things to do in Cozumel
Highland, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Best Christmas Gift Ever!"”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My family of 3 adults and 2 children (both age 11) did the Royal Swim on Christmas Day 2013. Our experience was FANTASTIC and our most memorable activity from our cruise. Because our cruise line did not offer the Royal Swim as an excursion (they only offered the Dolphin Encounter) I booked directly with Dolphin Discovery to get the experience we wanted and also saved about $220 even with booking a higher level of encounter. It cost us about $72 per person. It was just our family of 5 with two Dolphins. The other encounters around us that were from various cruise ship groups had 12-15 participants. Our trainer and the dolphins were a joy to interact with. Each of our expectations for the experience were surpassed. I was aware of the no personal camera policy and the cost of the pictures they offer for purchase. I was prepared to pay ~$200 for a cd of all of our pictures and thus it did not become a detractor from our experience. I got 2 cd copies of our 250 pictures for $219. Having the 2 dolphins push each of us by the bottom of our feet up and out of the water and to glide across the water was amazing. We found the staff at Chankanaab and Dolphin Discovery to be very friendly, customer focused and safety oriented. Even though this excursion was more costly compared to the many other things we did on our cruise, the value we received was far greater. The memories of this experience together with our family will not fade for a long time.

1 Thank CJTraveller1967

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Fantastic family day!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Loved the park, people were kind and helpful. There was something for everyone including great snorkeling, scuba diving and of course the dolphins

Brockport, New York
“Best of times”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was wonderful! As a bonus they let us swim a little with a manatee and her baby! Can’t say enough good things about our experience.

While waiting for our turn, we were able to wander around beautiful gardens and exhibits. One of us need a wheelchair and they had beach wheelchairs available.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“best tour ever”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

One of the best things I ever did. Little pricey but well worth it. Staff knowledgeable and very helpful. I can't say enough good things about it. Thank you Dolphin Discovery! Lunch buffet was included with a nice variety of fresh food to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Cozumel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi! first of all thank you for choosing Dolphin Discovery to live this amazing experience, we appreciate the time that you taken for let us know about your comments, we're glad to hear that you had a great time with dolphins and enjoyed our buffet. We hope you come back soon to enjoy another day full of fun!
Rockford,IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth The Money of the Excursion But Prepare yourself for Pics!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Experience itself of Swimming with the Dolphins I would Highly recommend. I was traveling with myself on a work Cruise so I wanted to do something with a group. It was $79 booked through Royal Caribbean and that was just the Encounter which included a swim and doing tricks with the dolphins. The Dolphins are very friendly and I DID enjoy them very much. Afterwards you are Ushered into the Gift shop to view your pictures. SHOCKER!! $39/SHEET!! Or $73 for the CD for 1 person and $6/ print after you purchase the cd. So I figure this is a Once in a Life time chance so why not? So I pay $90 for the CD and 1 Printed Picture, This is where they REALLY GET YOU!!

I will say you can spend the whole day at the park. We did see the Sea Lion Show and there is a Pool, a beach, a beach house further down and a Zip line. and maybe much more!! This was my 1st time in Cozumel, so I did not stay the whole day, but you definitely could. Myself and a couple other ladies took the cab back and did some shopping!

Visited January 2014