All inclusive is not usually how we roll. A buffet can be a mixed blessing. But then we don't usually travel with a group either and we went on a dive package trip with an NJ Dive shop. Our room exceeded expectations, large, good ac, great bathroom. Built around 2002 or so the resort is charming and very cute. It seems large but is really a medium sized property. The only downside for us the orthopedic mattresses are a bit hard, but we slept well anyway. I am gluten intolerant and shun most simple carbs--so the usually starchy fillers do not work for me. The resort offers entrees and salads that work for most dietary restrictions. Still I was able to eat healthy at every meal-- although it was hard to resist the delicious ice cream selections! There are several "reservation" restaurants, but we liked the buffets better. The two pools were lovely and the very short trek to the beach worth the spectacular view. You are literally able to go to the beach front, eat lunch there and stay until dinner time if you so desire, with dips in the pool or use of the outdoor showers to freshen up. People snorkeled right off the beach. Non motorized water sports like paddle boats and wind surfing are included. There is a good dive shop on site. Dive operation and boats leave right from the resort with a very short trip to the dive sites. Diving that week was great, but it usually is in the marine park. The rates were very low and overall the resort was a value for the money. The guest relations manager invited us for lunch at the club restaurant at an exclusive part of the resort. Some guests pay more per person per day for a white table cloth dining experience, their own chef, separate jacuzzi, etc. The lunch was excellent and I would price this option before returning, but the "standard" was so good that I don't know if I would pay for the upgrade. Based on some of the other reviews all I can say is some people will complain about everything and think any price is too high. Personally, I have paid a lot more for a lot less. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel