We had a great group of fun people and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay from June 23 - June 30. We had a group of 17 in 5 villas each in a different building. We chose the Occidental Grande particularly for diving excursions and that it was a 4 star resort compared to its 3 star sister resort next door. This resort had entertainment for our diverse group which consisted of teenagers, young adults and middle aged couples. We enjoyed the disco almost every night. We had a dinner party for the 17 of us at the Steak House which was wonderful so was the roof top Pizzeria. We enjoyed the buffets and we thought the food was fresh with a lot of choices. We enjoyed the drinks especially the Dirty Monkey and we tipped $1s so we always got extra good drinks and service. We rented jeeps, however a hodge-podge of different vehicles showed up because the cruise ships take priority. We toured the island and went to Punta Sur and the Tequila Factory and downtown. We did a Sting Ray Sanctuary where you pet, feed and swim with the Sting Rays and that was fun. We all had a variety of A/C temperatures in our rooms. The coldest rooms were on the ground floors. Our teenage kids had a vacation time of their lives with the all-inclusive feature. We were picked up at the resort pier for a snorkel excursion and our group of divers were picked up there too. The beach is wonderful, the sunset was beautiful, the grounds of this resort are beautiful and the mangrove reserve is a natural beauty. We came prepared with bug spray, but didn't use it. We turned our cell phones off and gave the resort's number to family for emergency contact. None of us wanted anything to do with the Internet during our stay. This resort provided us time to have meals together, play together, rest and slow down. We are hard working folks and those 8 days were the perfect getaway for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Barcelo, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel