After enduring a cold winter, as most North Americans have, we opted to spend a little warm time away. Although we had been to Cozumel on a cruise a few times, we had never stayed there for any time. We chose the Occidental Grand from the reviews on TripAdvisor and opted for a hotel on the southern coast of Cozumel. We arrived at 3:00 PM andchecked in and were directed to the beachside restaurant where we ate lunch before getting our room, which was great for us. When we returned to the check-in we were given our room keys and directed to our room. The room was very nice and clean, although we would have preferred a king bed and not two doubles, but we got what we had paid for.There was plenty of food at the buffets and a good selection for our six day stay.The food was very tasty and fresh. A lot of different dishes and always good service at the restaurants and bars. The rooms are a little far from the beach, and you need to get down to the beach early to get a beach chair (6:00 AM). Not enough chairs for all. The two pools were very nice. The quiet pool was just that. Very quiet and serene. We were not bothered by time share people as mentioned by others. I mentioned to our guide at Loomis Guest Services at the airport, that I wasn't interested in any of their timeshare offers and I was never offered after that. No problems at check-in and check-out. Everything was very smooth. The employees really went out of their way to make you feel appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel