The buffet food was really terrible, every dish was cold or luke warm even if it came straight from the kitchen. This can be dangerous and can lead to food poisoning as we all know! I complained with the chef. He'd said he would check it... Rest of the week I countered the same problem. Taste is very blend.
Had dinner in the a la carte restaurant, ordered a tenderloin, more than half of the tenderloin was fat. Complained with the waiter and his response was: "some people like fat..." When I asked him to inform the chef and show him my plate, he said that he didn't dare.
Staff is okay. Rooms smell really bad and damp. Bit run down, need improvement. Just opened my suitcase at home: my clothes smell terrible, I can still smell the room.
Time share staff: rude and hard sellers.
Pro: the hotel is not cheap on drinks
Conclusion: i will stay here never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel