The beach is excellent as is the scuba diving which is why many go there. The grounds are also well kept with a 'jungle feel' to the vegetation as there is little lawn. The rooms are spacious. The food is average, as is the service. The staff are pleasant but not outstanding. The rooms leave your clothes smelling musty. Strangely, we found the Mexican al a carte restaurant inferior in food preparation to the Mediterranean. Go if you want an excellent beach and water conditions, but if these are less important than the food and rooms, there are better resorts in on the mainland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Barcelo and Jetsetter so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel