This trip was exactly what it was. This island and the resorts on them are targeted more for the scuba divers. The dive shop, dive masters, and all of the dive shop staff were very helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand. The rooms were average and so was the food. Not much to choose from when you eat at a buffet for every meal. They kept the eateries very hot in temperature and the mosquitoes were crazy unless you were on the beach. The beach was very nice and always clean. For myself being a beginner diver, I suggest doing one shore dive before you go out on the boats. It's free so why not. We also found out pretty quick that if we tipped we got better service. I love vacationing in mexico and I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Barcelo, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel