We stayed 7 nights at the Occidental Grand. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. There were the usual "barkers" at the airport and we would have saved an hour if we had just ignored the "official tourist information" people. At the hotel, were were greeted by their Vacation Club staff who tried to sell on their vacation club. Overall, the resort was unique in its location in a mangrove. It was spread out but soon we enjoyed the walks to the dining areas, pools, and beach. We loved walking boardwalk at night and listening to the natural orchestra! There was a very lovable hotel cat who wandered around. The food was good but you had to wear long pants, which I didn't bring, to eat at the specialty restaurants; however, you could order off their menu in the main dining room. Our room was large and well kept; however, the airconditioner roared all the time but the room was still humid. The dining room was not airconditioned and hot. I got a massage in the spa and it was wonderful. My son earned PADI certification and I made several dives. Their dive operation was great due to the dive masters. We traveled to the east side of the island and the beaches were beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel