This was my husband and I's first trip to Cozumel and OGC... We loved that the resort was all-inclusive (in the top 3 all-inclusives on the island) yet close to one of the top places in the world to dive/snorkel! The manicured and clean grounds/beach/rooms did not need to be Photoshopped. The villa layout in the natural wild area made it feel more private despite the average 200+ guests. Loved the wild iguanas hanging out. Staff was excellent, polite and helpful. We even asked for some special tape to repair a minor break in some of our personal gear, and the maintenance crew arrived within 30 minutes. We tipped maid staff $2-3 every other day and had a plentiful supply of water bottles. All water in restaurants/bars is bottled/from tanks so we suffered none of the digestion issues common to tourists. A/C works great, and the loudness of it muffles any evening event that we didn't want to join. Lots of activities. Alcohol was a little watered down or of lower quality, but we didn't want to get dehydrated anyway. Mimosas were tasty. We don't recommend the red wine or sangrias made with it. Restaurant food selection at La Posada and Beach Club good. Thefresh fruit was safe. Only weakness/con was that the food and drink quality at The Sonora Grill and Los Olivos really wasn't that different from the La Posada buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel