Overall this was a good, relaxing vacation. If we’ll go to Cozumel next year, we’ll stay in this resort again.
•Location – ideal for those who likes the snorkeling and walking on the beach.
•Beach - You will found enough spots in the shadows and in the sun, whatever you want any time. It is very important that here is very GOOD SNORKLING from the beach.
•Food and service in La Posada buffet [breakfast and dinner],
•Territory – Clean and green,
•Room cleaning – they did good job, no complains.
Some areas for improvements: [In our opinion, this will be beneficial for both – for visitors and for the resort, if the resort will take the attention to the following]
•Evening restaurants [Sonora Grill and Los Olivos] - NOTHING SPECIAL. Very basic and not a best quality. We have had a dinner in each restaurant once and then preferred to go to La Posada buffet for a dinner….
•The conditioner in the room is VERY LOUD. But it is too hot at the night in the room if you turn it off. It is not something that resort can fix for you, so, take earplugs with you to make your stay more pleasure.
•No ‘change rooms’ on the beach. So, if you need to change your wet swimsuit you must use the restrooms…. Which is not comfortable.
•Not enough entertainment in the evening. We have stayed for a week and only two nights’ shows were good. Others were boring.
Visit the Albertos restaurant. It located on the beach between Occidental and Iberostar [about 10 min walk from Occidental beach]. They have live music every Tue and Thu from 6 to 10pm. This is a good idea for sunset dinner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel