Stayed 4 nights here on our honeymoon and a lovely relaxing stay it was. Beautiful architecture and gardens make this an idyllic retreat. We stayed in the Royal Club which has private concierge which made a difference and the rooms were huge and had two balconies (had a separate living area which we actually did not need but we good to keep our luggage in).
The food and service was superb. The speciality restaurants to book up quickly so make your reservations as soon as you get here but there is a nice variety and the lunch variety down at the beach bar is also excellent and includes a barbeque. The main bar in the evening was served well but it was just a shame most of it was inside and away from the seafront. Being from England when on holiday it is a novelty to be able to drink outside. A shame the hotel don't use the excellent beach club area as an outlet in the evenings and that is one improvement I would make. Also the restuarants closed at 10pm and the evening entertainment (very talented dancers etc) would start at 9 so my advice would be to get your table booked for 7.30-8pm. Full marks to the barmen down by the pool areas. What a cracking job they do, very busy but smiling constantly as they pour you your drink !
Location wise it's on a peaceful deserted sandy beach and is in a really safe swimming area (Cozumel is 'sheltered' by the mainland) so great for families. To get into the island's only town, San Miguel - shopping galore - the taxi ride is about 10-15 minutes and cost about 14 USD.
Not a place for you if you like lots of nightclubs etc but if you are looking to re-charge your batteries and get away from it all in a lovely natural setting then this is for you - it was just what we wanted !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel