We came here in 2011 and was impressed with the place , and left our review back then. We decided on coming back here after staying at the Occidental Allergro in 2012. We left a review on that place too. You will make the right choice to stay here over the Allegro or Iberostar. The beach is absolutety beautiful , the resort is beautifully arranged and immaculantly clean. The Staff is incredible and will go out of your way if simple ask for something you need. I want to give a thanks the activity lady Abbi , and head waiter Daniel , you guys helped make this a great time - thanks again. Sure the food might get a little redundant , but simply ask for something and they will make it happen , it is that easy ! We always found something good to drink. With a good tip and a good talk with the bartenders, they will make sure you are taken care of. Yes, the time share people are persistant , but just be nice and tell them no thanks, the eventualy get the idea.
The Dive shop is good. I am just a beginner diver , so I may not know the difference. However Javier is a great guy , and Karla is a patient and good guide for doing the beginner dive. You can also book snorkeling , waverunner jetski bikes, and parasailing right from the dock. I would suggest doing them all if you can , they are all amazing ! We took our 3 teenage kids with, and they had a blast here with the things to do. There is a place to paint ceramics right on the beach (extra charge) and they really liked it , and it seemd like everyone one young and old did too. We did not see a whole lot of little kids , but I wouldn't think this is a place you would want to take them. The shows they put on in the evening are fun enough, go see them if you can , especially the fire show , and Aztec Show. After that , the night life fades pretty quick , but most of the time we were so wiped out , it was time for bed anyways. Yes, the beds are hard, but you will sleep just fine when you are tired. The rooms are plenty big and well taken care of by the staff. Again if you need something , just ask. The resort is about 30 minutes and a $25 one way cab fare to town , so plan you trips wisely. We found most days were not worth leaving the resort. But if you are planning a 7 or 10 day , you need to get to town , and also see the other side of the isand. Both trips will not take up your whole day. I have heard many people say it gets to be a long day when they take trips off the island to the mainland to see the Mayan ruins. I would not suggest it at all. I think alot if negative reviews written about this place are from people who never ask to fix a problem , ask for help , or request something, they just find a reason to complain. If you want to find a reason to complian here, I am sure you can and will. If you want the possibiltes , ingredients , and resources for a great vaction , you will find it here , we sure did !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel