Visited this resort during Christmas with my family. Excellent place to be for diving/snorkeling with the wharf right there! The food was OK at the main buffets. The two A-La-Carte were very good! Bartenders were great! Housekeeping though.... Didn't restock the fridge, nor was the fridge set at a good temp.
Resort is small so if you forget something in your room, don't have to walk a mile! We spoke with some guests that were in the Royal Service area, NOT worth it!
Booked a 5 hour deep sea fishing and reef snorkeling directly from the beach staff, well worth the $300! Always beach/pool chairs available.
NO nightlife at all though here, that is why it's a great place to relax, not to party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel