We were very disappointed by the quality of the food at this resort. The menus at the 2 speciality restaurants that were open during our stay were interesting, but the food that arrived on the table was poor quality, not very warm and often over cooked. The buffet was equally disappointing. I don't usually eat burgers, but did so at lunch times because they were cooked to order and therefore the only thing that was hot.
The concierge is obviously on a kick back as he was so keen to talk to us when all we wanted to do was go to bed after a very long journey. However the dive master he fixed us up with (Hector) was very good, picking us up at the pier each morning. Sergio, who accompanied him one morning was even better- taking his slate and writing down the names of several of the fish. Thanks to the two of them who made our holiday, together with the nurse sharks, turtles, eagle rays, pipe sea horse and numerous other under sea
Initially I couldn't understand why the time share sales people caught you on the first day, but I soon realised that if they left you any longer there's no way anyone would buy because the place was such a let down. Entertainment was very short in the evenings - one really good group started at 8.30, got everyone up dancing and promptly left by 9.30.
The staff were lovely, always helpful and smiling even though we didn't carry any money with us and therefore didn't tip at all.
I wouldn't go back to the Occidental Grand and would need to be convinced before going to any other Occidental establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel