A group of 12 of us visited the Occidental Grand. We found the food was good, but as other reviewers stated, it was at times was less than preferred temp. The ground where nice, but we found there was not any area where you could sit down with a group to have a few drinks and talk, in the lobby area, Absolutly enjoyed the pool area by the ocean, the lunch area there was great. Don't think I am a real fan of getting up and getting my drinks all the time as we had to at this resort, but thats just because in the past we where spoiled. All in all, good place, would I return, probably not, I would prefer the iberostar myself in comparison to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel