David and Nancy took a lovely trip to the Occidental Grand, Cozumel Mexico. It was a great week of scuba diving and just relaxing. It was another fantastic trip thanks to the OG and it's staff. Although, occupancy at the resort was down to 25% capacity, the resort and it's staff treated us (and everyone else) as if we were the only guest that mattered.
Except for a couple of quick moving storms that came through, the weather was gorgeous! The temperature was in the upper 80's during the week, the water was 82 degrees at 65 feet below sea level and the view of the sunsets were heavenly to watch every night while we dined at the beach restaurant. We have been to the OG several times and will continue to return to the OG, as we believe it is the best resort on the island!! We enjoy the OG because the restaurant staff, the dive shop (Dive Palancar) personnel, and even the resort management remember us and treat us as if we were family. Plus, most of the dive sites are at the south end of the island. So why spend 30 to 45 minutes every morning traveling by boat to go diving when the OG is right in front of the sites!? During the week we noticed the coral was very much alive (lots and lots of juvenile fish) and we saw NO lion fish all week!
I would also point out the water pressure in the shower is fantastic, bottled water in the rooms are endless, (as is the canned soda and beer) the food at the beach club was fantastic and the staff earned their 4.5 star rating everyday. We did not partake in the night life this trip so I can not address that, But is was very entertaining on our previous trips. Even tho several building were under repair (slow season) we did not hear any noise.
The food was 4.5 stars everyday. Nobody should go home hungry!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel