We just returned from our honeymoon at OGC and we really enjoyed the resort. We got married at Occ Xcaret and stayed there for a week before taking the ferry over to Cozumel. We stayed at the Royal Club in both resorts so we feel we can make a fair comparison. Upon arrival, we got champagne and chocolate strawberries and the bed was covered in flowers. It was a fun way to start a honeymoon.
The beach at OGC is beautiful and the diving and snorkelling is phenomenal, definitely a must do. The dive centre was very efficient and they regularly go out at least 4 times a day with a variety of depths. The prices were also fantastic and the boats were right at the dock at the resort which saved tons of time.
The grounds are very clean and staff was constantly cleaning and repairing. All staff was friendly and helpful. The food at royal club was the best in the resort as we tried all of the ala carte restaurants. Unfortunately, there was no pool service for either food or drink in royal club as there is at Xcaret which was disappointing. The mango daiquiris at the beach bar were fantastic and Eduardo in the first club wowed us every nite with his bar tending prowess
We found there to be issues with the currency when we arrived. Having come from the mainland, we brought pesos but we were unable to get change in order to give tips (!!!) and we had to get US dollars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel