Travelled with adult daughters; enough entertainment for all of us. Great beach area offered plenty of space, beach chairs, free use of kayaks, wind surfers, & hobie cats for sailing. Not to be missed is the pottery lady beside the Beach Club (dining area) where you can paint your own pottery items or buy her beautifully painted finished pieces at reasonable prices. We spent an entire day there.
Food was good but could have been warmer at times. If you are staying more than 1 week, be aware that the menu repeats weekly so you might want to alternate day trips and dinner reservations to avoid too much repetition.
The 3-reef snorkeling trip offered at the dive shop was awesome and very reasonable! Loved our stay and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel