“Gotta do this one”

Cozumel Shore Excursion: ATV Jungle and Snorkel Beach Adventure
Ranked #48 of 282 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: While visiting Cozumel, the Riviera Maya or Cancun we welcome you to take part in any one of our unique excursions. We are truly committed to share with you the most unforgettable, adventurous and fun excursions such as: All Terrain Buggy tours, Snorkel tours. Thriller jet boat and Atvs all settled in a town rich in culture and full of traditions called "EL CEDRAL" proudly operated by Wild Tours with the love and enthusiasm of operating great tours for long lasting memories we are happy to Add-venture to your vacations and to have you smile with us!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 16, 2013

YOLO... If this excursion looks like fun, it will be very fun! We have 2 boys, 10 &13 and got very muddy. Pre - trip, bring cheap sunglasses (just in case), neckerchief scarfs for all plastic bags for wet stuff and bug spray, we ended up buying stuff, saves you another $20. Take a little caution of where you walk... I found some red ants, no biggie.
When you get there, you a helmet and I do not recall if they offered goggles. They walk you around some animals for some photo opts (for them). Then you are off, two to a vehicle. They are simple to drive, but you will need a little upper body, since no power steering or shocks, but what do you expect? There are no windows and doors and if it rained at all, more mud. The pictures are worth it alone. The trip is just long enough. You stop at a Cenote and get to swim in the warm, sulfurish water, but it is worth it since it cleans off that layer of mud. There is a big dropoff about 10ish feet up if you want to jump in.
Our guide was very funny and we drove at a perfect pace. It rained on our way back which oddly, only made us dirtier.
At the end, there are outside showers and water basins to de-mud. Your clothes will stand up by themselves for the rest of time until you wash them. Don't wear anything you think you want to rewear on your vacation, won't happen. We had some food and drink at the end while they reviewed photos. I bought a underwater, dirt proof camera, so I did not get any of their photos. I only wish I would have shot some video, too scared of dropping it, since it was so new.
Have a blast!

Wildmancoz, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad that you and your family had a great time on the tour and that you guys enjoyed the ride as well as the animals and the photos;) In the end one happy and muddy family but with big smiles thanks also for sharing your pictures I will share this with Tony as I see he was one of your guides in your pictures. Thanks again and hope to see you again sometime;)
Saludos

There are newer reviews for Wild Tours

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a great time!! The ride was awesome! The animals were fun to look at and take pictures at. The trails were really dusty and getting all muddy was a lot of fun. I do suggest if you do this to get the goggles, gloves, bandana, rental shoes, etc. If i could do it all again I would have gotten all the extra, we found them unnessary and we were wrong! It was a really sandy trail the goggles were needed if you were driving!

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad that you had a great time on the tour sorry that you opted not to get the bandanas a so forth as it sounds like they probably would have come in hand;) Glad that you enjoyed getting good and dirty thanks again for the review and we hope you will visit us again sometime;)
Saludos

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My son and I did the ATV tour, we spent 2 hours just going around the same track. Was great for 30 minutes and boring just seeing the same thing over and over again after that. Waste of money.

1  Thank rossinjackson

Thanks very much for your review. We are sorry that you didn´t enjoy your ATV tour. The tour doesn´t go in a circle as the trail winds around the Cozumel jungle but yes we do go out to a couple different sites and return on the same trail and unfortunately its not for everyone. Most people just enjoy being able to go out and go off-roading and get dirty. Again thanks for your comments and we will take them into consideration.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was HORRIBLE, no power steering, no shocks. The steering wheel almost took off fingers. I could not wait for this tour to be over. I was sad I gave up the beach for this on our day in Cozumel off of the cruise ship. Don't waste your day in Cozumel. The water in the cave smells like sulfer and is very green. If they would update the buggys it would have been a little better.

1  Thank Rettrocowgirl

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your review. While we are sorry that you didn´t enjoy the tour we do advertise it as very rough rocky and dirty and unfortunately it isn´t for everyone. We do hope that you will continue to visit our little island in the future and thanks again.
Kind Regards;)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wild tours continues to amaze me. Very professional, and highly entertaining. We had booked the ATV and snorkel combo last year during our first trip. It was a blast! This year we decided to book the hotel guest combo involving the ATX Dune buggys on one day and the Akumal Sea Turtle snorkel on another day. The dune buggys were awesome. We got to drive them through the jungle to the Jade Caverns and were able to cliff jump into the beautiful green water. Unfortunately the weather was not agreeable and the sea turtle snorkel had to be cancelled. However, what really impressed me was that they refunded my money the next day with no issues at all. I very much look forward to dealing with this company in the future. On one side note - I wish they would make it easier to purchase excursions directly through their website.

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you came to visit us again this year that you were able to do the Xrail tour this time. Sorry about the weather we would have loved for you guys to finish up the week with the Sea Turtle tour as originally planned but we are glad you got to do the other tour. Also we will take into consideration your comments about reserving via the website thanks again and hope to see you guys again maybe on your next trip! Saludos

Been to Wild Tours? Share your experiences!