“OMG! Amazing!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Hamilton, Canada
“OMG! Amazing!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We love Billy and his BBQ! We were on our way to visit the ruins, keeping an eye out for a snack when we spied a long line of locals at a very smokey BBQ joint. We told them we wanted a snack and to give us $5 worth. Billy invited us to dine in and as we were eating the best BBQ chicken ever, Billy kept bring us food. Needless to say our snack turned in a meal of epic proportions. Billy is obviously passionate about his food and loves to talk about his long standing family recipes. We kept coming back and I miss Billy's enthusiasm and of course his fab food already!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank scubafann

Beloit, Wisconsin
“TRULY ONE OF THE BEST MEALS OF MY LIFE!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel a great deal and love the local type places. I stumbled across this place and it is absolutely amazing! Not fancy but the food is to die for! Great staff...clean and cheap as well!

No matter what you must try this place. I have been all over Mexico and love Mexican food but this place has the most amazing steak....chicken and ribs you will ever eat in your life. I am 52 and can honestly say this was one of my all time favorite meals of my life! If I was on death row this would be my choice for my final meal!

Our group of 5 ate...had sodas and were totally stuffed and the bill was $25 US.

I am here for 10 days and plan to return once each day!

The staff is super friendly and speak English!

No matter what....you gotta find this place and try it out!!! Not tough to find but off the main drag. Look for a big plume of smoke coming from their grill!!!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank jeff r
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Fantastic Food ~~Great Price!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

El Billy's is great grilled food for a very low price! We are now adding it to our list of "Have to eat here" while on the island. The food is unbelievably good and at a fraction of the cost that "touristy" restaurants would charge. We had a large sampler platter of ribs, chicken, and steak. Along with it came tortillas, taco fixings, grilled onions, and an unbelievable sauce. The four of us (all adults) ate until we couldn't eat any more and the bill was under $30, total. It was the best food I ate all week! Seriously! We noticed that a lot of the customers were island residents and were picking up grilled meat and sauce to take home with them. There are covered tables, and a sink with soap and towels if you choose to eat there. We ate right there and enjoyed watching them run the grill and assist the "take-out" customers. Try this island gem!! You will not be disappointed. The restaurant is located on the southern part of 65th ave. It sits on the corner. Look for the bbq smoke spilling into the street!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank 2Bdiving
“Best street food in Cozumel”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Want to get away from the cruise ship types and Top 40 Classic rock? Tired of paying $56 for mediocre facsimiles of "Mexican food"? Than stop reading this immediately and get your butt to Billy's. I can't say anything here that the other reviewers haven't already raved about, but I will echo their enthusiasm. ... Are you still here? Seriously, you're just wasting my time and yours. I will tell you that I travel for the food. And generally I have found island food to be, um... well terrible usually. Lack of resources and all. ... For real, stop reading this, tell your wife to trust you and to just get ready to go. I'm just going to keep writing just long enough for her to find her sandals. Anyway, El Billy Asados Al Carbon (or "Tacos Billy", as he puts it) is the exception. Wonderfully executed, but simple cuisine in a delightfully grimy locale. It's just tacos dude - that's the whole menu. Three meats. Tacos. Delicious. Done. Just bring $200 pesos and an open mind, for you are about to experience... oh, ok - she's ready? Good. Get outa here already you crazy kids you!

• Visited November 2012
6 Thank Jeremiah Z
Shakopee, Minnesota
“The Best”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you havent experince El Billy's you havent had the best darn chicken, ribs and steak on the Island.
The sauce is among the best i've tasted, also served with beans, rice and coleslaw.
Oh and lets not forget those grilled onions!!!!!
Location is back on 65 and 19. Worth the drive.
Carry out mostly, but do have a couple of tables.
200 peso's can feed a family of 4 with left overs!!!!

• Visited September 2012