“First time underwater - great experience !”
Review of Sea Trek Cozumel

Sea Trek Cozumel
Ranked #113 of 302 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the most amazing exploring underwater world, is as easy as walking and breathing, ideal for ages 8 and up, get the sensation of walking in space, always guided by our professional staff. Includes free snorkel time after the tour. Sea Trek is available at the following locations - Jeanies Beach Club (at downtown) and National Park Chankanaab Daily every hour from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Reviewed January 15, 2016

Had a great experience going underwater for the first time. If you are scared of going underwater, this is a great way of seeing the underwater world , since there is a helmet which helps you breathe normally and no fear of water entering your ears or nose etc ! We took the ferry from Playa Del carmen near Cancun and this is a short walk away from the ferry terminal at Cozumel. It was just immensely beautiful down there.. Everything moves in slow motion, beautiful fishes everywhere... It was a great way to remove my aquaphobia !! It is really easy and as long as you can pop your ears underwater, you are good to go ! Thank you Sea Trek !
They do video + photography of the whole thing and charge 65$ for the CD which includes photos of just your party and video of the entire tour . We took it since this was a once in a lifetime thing for us !

2  Thank Rachneer
"awesome experience"
"sandy bottom"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2016

The afternoon we went the water was becoming too choppy to snorkel and decreased the visibility to 70% underwater. They gave us the option of cancelling the excursion. If you encounter these conditions, do not let it deter you. Despite the decreased visibility we still saw quite a lot. Although the water was not crystal clear I could see at least 40-50 feet. We saw stingrays, sea urchins at least a half dozen different types of fish, crabs, large and small jellyfish and starfish. Since we had snorkeled earlier in the day at another excursion, it was not a big deal we skipped it. The helmets weigh nearly 70 pounds, which definitely kept a big guy like me down. The water counteracts it so it's more like 7 pounds once submerged. The staff are all friendly and helpful. They have lockers with keys available to stow your stuff. I would recommend taking a change of clothes so you're not sitting in a wet swimsuit in the cab ride back.

1  Thank IrishTomKat
Reviewed January 12, 2016

We booked this trip through our cruise excursion for our kids who are 20, 18 & 14. My husband and I decided to pass, yes, we chickens. When we met the agent we asked if we could go along with the kids just to watch. A short taxi ride, like other reviews, about 5 minutes, and we arrived at Jeannie's. Well the staff made our day. Super friendly and really made everyone feel very comfortable with the helmets. They let me and my husband snorkel for free and we could watch the kids from above. As we waited for the kids to finish their trek we sat at the beautiful outdoor seating of Jeannie's we enjoyed 2 complimentary drinks and the food was fantastic. The best christmas dinner we've ever had. The kids got to hold a puffer fish and starfish. They loved it too! Definitely recommend this excursion.

Reviewed December 12, 2015

My cousin and I booked this tour from our cruise. The experience was smooth and very cool. There was lots of anxiety among the participants about going under the water with a helmet, however when we heard there were two "rescue"divers and an underwater guide, the fear diminished. Once in, it is SO COOL. Your hair doesn't even get wet. If you wear glasses, you can actually see what is going on, as opposed to snorkeling without lenses. I thought the trip was about right in timing, would be better if there was a coral reef and more fish, but we all had lots of fun. They also have a photographer who gets a video and stills. It would be to their advantage to charge an extra 10 bucks and give you the video. They wanted $65 and nobody bought one. A waste for the guy who took all the pictures. As a bunch of middle agers, we looked like TeleTubbies which was a hoot!

2  Thank FloridaTravelin
See more reviews
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Booked this as an excursion from a cruise ship. It's basically a restaurant with a garden and a dock out the back from which you step down a ladder into the ocean. Would recommend it very highly, we were in a party of 6 including an 8 year old. It was easy, as long as being underwater doesn't bother you. You can keep specs on and most of my hair even stayed dry! My husband has a large head circumference and was able to do it although the tip of his nose touched the glass front of the helmet. There is a rope fence to hold onto all the way. The instruction was very good and throughout the trek we were well looked after. I felt safe with them as there was a team of them looking after us underwater. They photograph you throughout and it wasn't expensive to buy the cd. Saw some biggish fish too. Really loved it!

1  Thank Debdonut44