“One of my Favorite Places to Stay ANYWHERE!”
Review of Villas Las Anclas

Villas Las Anclas
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Todos Santos, Mexico
“One of my Favorite Places to Stay ANYWHERE!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

On a scouting trip for weddings, I went with a bride and we stayed here for a night - I wish it could have been longer because I LOVED my stay here. The place is quaint, cute, charming, for starters. And both the owner and the receptionist were two of the nieces people I've ever met. I can easily see why people would return here time and time again. It's centrally located, within easy walk to all downtown Cozumel has to offer. The rooms are spacious, beautiful, charming and comfortable. If you have trouble with stairs, this would not be the property for you, as both the bedroom and bathroom are up a spiral staircase. But I loved it. Internet worked great. I felt safe. I would absolutely go back there and stay for a real vacation - of course I live a mile from the beach where I live and see it every day - so beach and pool is not a big issue for me (neither of which this particular property has - but it's awesome so who cares? ;)

Room Tip: They are all excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Villas Las Anclas, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your review, We enjoyed having you here and We hope to see you next time you come.We have a great news for you : Hotel Villa las Anclas has a private, nice and beautiful swimming pool now. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as our new amenities. Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Westcliffe, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We happened to be in Cozumel for the day and decided to check on our favorite hotel. We were met with a smile by Karla, the Director of Operations. Karla not only gave us a tour of the property and told us of all the plans the new owners have but she was also kind enough to let us walk thru our favorite room. There have been some nice changes since our last visit and the property looks great, especially with the addition of the pool and waterfall. When we return to Cozumel for our next dive trip we will definitely be staying at Villa Las Anclas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hookedontraveling22
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Villas las Anclas was a wonderful surprise. It looked lovely from the street and as we walked through the grounds. Then the ROOM: beautiful, clean, had a full kitchen with utensils, and the pretty bedroom was up a spiral staircase. Owner Jim and his staff were super helpful and friendly and Jim lives on site. People working here all seem happy (always a positive sign I notice), and there’s a new pool. This place is a bargain, we were surprised at the room price (low season). Anclas is on a quiet street a short walk from ocean and the plaza with its evening entertainments. I’m picky and we’ve traveled a lot, stayed at places “6 star” down to scary, but I can hardly say enough good about this place. It’s hard to imagine better management than Jim and his office people - warm, sincere, knowledgeable, always helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harry A
Ashdod, HaDarom, Israel
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in villas las anclas for four nights. The hotel is located in a walking distance from the ferry pier (about 500m) . The hotel is not big or fancy but it is lovely, warm and is a very good value for money. Our villa was very clean and nicely decorated, outside was a new small pool,and also a grill and a seating area. The hotel has very good location, close to many restaurants and bars. The reception staff and also Doug were very nice and freindly, and we will be very glad to come back to villas las anclas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lina S
River Falls, WI
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Las Anclas for a week in late October along with our 14 year old daughter and 13 year old son. It was the perfect place for our family's dive vacation. Doug set up an extra in our villa to accommodate our son while our daughter slept on the couch. The pool was enjoyed by our whole family. I thought our kids maybe too old for a smaller pool, but we all jumped in for afternoon swims during our time at Las Anclas. Our favorite swim was on the day of our arrival after a we walked from the ferry pier; we were hot, sweaty, and ready to cool off and relax. We did have rain on many days while we were in Cozumel; however Doug had umbrellas for us to use which we appreciated when we walked around the downtown area. There were many little, thoughtful things such as the umbrellas, that made our stay very pleasant. We had considered stopping at Villas Las Anclas during our previous visits to Cozumel; now our family is very glad we finally did lodge at this lovely villa in the downtown area. Thanks Doug for the great stay. We hope we have the chance to return in the future. Robina & Steve

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just returned from a week here and will certainly try and return. Eight immaculately clean and stylish villas set in a peaceful and beautifully planted court yard garden. The plunge pool with waterfall provides a peaceful spot to while away an afternoon with a book and the imaginative garden lighting creates a little magic after dark. The staff can't do enough for you and the ambiance here is as warm as staying with family. With a BBQ for guests' use, countless restaurants nearby, a two minute stroll to the sea and a great dive shop next door, why stay anywhere else?!? As a solo woman, I found these villas secure and safe and as a diver, the location and facilities were ideal. All round excellence here.

Room Tip: All pretty much the same. Room 8 does look over the pool though, so might be nice at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cozumel is a great little island. I feel it's a loss to not walk around and explore. Las Anclas is a very clean and comfy place. The hotel room felt like a home. You've got facilities to rinse off and hang your dive gear, you can sit outside and read a book in the shade or enjoy the air conditioning indoors. When you're hungry, you can either grill up something you caught or picked up at the store or hit up any of the umpteen eateries within walking distance - and yeah, it's safer to walk around Cozumel at night than it is any major US city.

I love this place. The price is mind-blowing. Staying at Las Anclas cost less than my rent in West Los Angeles.

The owner is a cool guy. Call them up and have a chat. You'll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: They all seemed like nice rooms. The hotel is central, thus away from a lot of noise. You're a f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CamiloSantana