“Brilliant Hotel for a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Plaza Cozumel

Hotel Plaza Cozumel
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Cozumel
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with extremly clean rooms, comfortable beds and a brilliant breakfast buffet. Staff is very helpfull and for those who enjoy it there is a pool on the roof. Rooms do have airconditioning but we did not use it. It is very central just one street from the ferry terminal but quiet. The only thing I would suggest for improvement would be facilities to hang the wet beach towels for drying. I would definetly come back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anja S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Pontiac, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is NOT air conditioned, The window air is more of a fan, but the rooms are clean, there is no odor. The beds are firm, there is free internet on the computer in the lobby. There is also a free breakfast complete with a made to order omelet! The coffee is hot and amazing. A perfect place to stay near shopping and restaurants. The "Oxxo" store is a great place to get all your snacks and sodas for cheap! Get your snacks before going to a resort. You can walk here from the ferry.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. This are was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank taggy22
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Older building but great location downtown,close to the ferry pier,very well maintained,very good breakfast included,nice staff and has a small pool,wifi and ac. Great value!! Also, try the bakery next door for fresh baked goods and drinks for a good price.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank steve4444steve
Tomohon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We found this hotel by chance, the location is very convenient. Close to the jety end close to the city centre. The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is available and sufficient to start the day. Wifi is working good so that is fine if you need to keep in touch. The pool is a bonus and a nice view comes with it for free.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwijk
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

While diving in Cozumel, I suffered from decompression sickness. I was forced to spend an extra two nights in Cozumel. I was staying in the southern resort zone, but to extend my stay was going to be too expensive (and too far away from where I was receiving treatment). So, I decided to move in town. I found Hotel Plaza Cozumel on the internet at an excellent nightly rate (perhaps because it was the low season) and booked it. I had a secondary issue in that I needed to drop off my bags and my brother's bags before going to get treatment the day I was to check in. At the same time, we needed to be able to get my brother's bags back from the hotel so he could fly out as scheduled. All of this before check in time. I wrote the hotel and email and got a very quick response that they would have my room ready at 8:00am (6 or 7 hours before check in time) and my brother could leave his bags at the front desk. With so much to arrange and coordinate in rescheduling my trip and getting treatment, it was wonderful how easy and quickly this hotel solved one of my obstacles for me.

The staff was always friendly and helpful. They have a strange procedure where you leave your key at the front desk when you leave the room, but it never presented any problem for me, so I was okay with it. They serve a pretty good better-than-continental breakfast.

The room is basic, but clean with a lot of television channels (which was necessary since I was on bed rest). My only complaint is that the beds are pretty hard. Several days stuck in bed took its toil.

I would definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank JenHol32
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The building is old, BUT the hotel is very well-kept and clean overall.

-The good size guest room (I was on the 3rd floor facing water) had fairly new paint on the wall and lighting/bathroom fixtures appeared very new(shiny!) as well.
-When I asked for a hair dryer at the front desk they gave me practically brand-new dryer still in the original box/bag!
-They give you a bottle of water each day
-Nice complimentary Breakfast buffet(selections of hot entree/fresh tropical fruits/variety of bread/yogurt & granola) by roof-top pool

>Wooden furniture in the room could use some updating...Especially the wooden guest room doors with no deadbolt/security chain/auto-lock didn't seem too secure. I put a chair and my luggage behind the door at night. Would love to see some improvement on the door situation in the future.

I am satisfied at this hotel overall though, and will stay here again when I go back.
Great location too - close to restaurants/shops/piers etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank sydneytheturtle
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel was super clean and the staff was very helpful and the breakfast each morning was delicious Mexican fare. We were there for 10 days in May and when we asked for ice they brought us a fridge for our room. The pool on the roof was quite nice and never busy. We also loved the seafood restaurant around the corner called Camilo's. The sopa de lima was great and the coconut shrimp with tamarind sauce was amazing. We are hoping to go back to Cozumel and we would definately choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple