“Good People, Nice place.”

Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel
Ranked #5 of 26 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Dale and Kathy were great and full of helpful information and tips for enjoying yourself on the island.
Coffee and OJ were perfect, for breakfast we could count on a wealth of fruit as well as some savory items. Kathy kept it fresh with something new every day. :)
The room was nice!! Great showers and beds! Very clean.
I felt like I was with old friends staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeanette K

Reviewed March 3, 2012

our stay at dale and kathy's was perfect. rooms were spotless, beds better than my own at home, shower hot and good pressure. the location excellent...not in the touristy area but close enough to walk(10 mins). all of this would already rate very highly in my books so when u add a breakfast fit for a king(fresh fruits and everything made with love every morning) plus the great time spent drinking beers in the garden bar area and having laughs with dale and the guests...baldwins pretty much wins some kind of trip advisor oscar if u ask me! hope very much i get to return to this place. soon. taking alot of fond memories with me after my one week there. keep it up u guys and all the best for the future.
dirk

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dirk D
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife Julie and I have stayed at the Baldwin Guest House a total of six times now, and we'll be coming back again soon hopefully. That should say it all regarding our friendship with Dale and Kathy and their beautiful B&B. Our first trip to Cozumel we stayed at an all inclusive, walled beach hotel. We felt like captives and never learned much about the island or the people living there.
Our next trip was at the Baldwin Guest House and we met Dale and Kathy. What a great couple. They made us feel like best friends rather than guests. Their isn't anything they don't know about the island to where the best resturants are, and where are the best deals.
Both Dale and Kathy dive and can hook you up with the best diving spots or beaches to snokel.
Kathy's breakfasts are the best you'll find on the island and she makes the best Margarita's ANYWHERE.
Dale is worth the price of admission in the evenings relaxing around the pool and outside bar. He'll keep you in stiches all night. Just give them a visit and you'll come back again and again.

Tim
Denver, Co.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2012

If you going to Cozumel, and want to get away from the crowds, cruise ships, experience real local culture, local food, and yet stay in a clean, beautiful place, Baldwin's Guest House is a perfect choice!
My wife and I just spent a week there, and we loved it.
The whole property is immaculately clean, beautifully landscaped. Rooms are very clean and spacious. The owners Kathy and Dale are great people, and work really hard to keep this place running.They make you feel welcome from the moment you get there, they are fun to talk to, very helpful and informative.
Kathy and Dale are originally from Canada, but have lived and worked in Cozumel for about 15 years, so basically they can be considered local. They do not mind sharing their wisdom, that can make you feel like a temporary local as well. They can tell you how to avoid tourist traps, take you to cool local eateries, give you advise and information about pretty much anything on the island. My advise to everybody coming to Baldwin's House : ask Dale to book your rental car before you come in. You can save more then a half if you do it this way. I wish I'd done it.
There are plenty of good restaurants in 5 minute walk radius ranging from hole in the wall type "Mr Taco", and " Sazon del Camaron", where 4 people can eat dinner for 15 bucks; to fancy, but still reasonably priced "Casa Mission". We ate in most of them and it has always been good and fresh.
The breakfast is included, and it is awesome. If you can eat it all, it will fill you up till dinner.
It is different every day, and they always ask you what you want.
No wonder these guys have so many good reviews!
We had a great time, and we will be back

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have been coming to Baldwin's for a long time. The first trip was with a scuba group and I loved it. I came back year after year and really got to know Kathy and Dale. They have only made the place better and better. This trip was just R&R for me and they kept trying to get me to do more thinking I wanted this as I am normally very active. When they saw that all I wanted was down time it was very easy to just relax with them again. This is the first trip in five years and everything has just gotten more comfortable to be there.
I can't say enough about these people and the B&B they have created here.
Yannie

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was our fourth and longest (19 day) stay at Baldwin's Guest House. Dale and Kathy Gardner run a B&B that is both immaculately clean and exquisitely beautiful. More importantly, they are gracious and knowledgeable hosts who will share their knowledge with guests. They can help with where to shop, where to eat, where to dive and fish, and where you can just get away. This trip they gave us a tip on how to save about 10% on exchanging dollars for pesos and that tip, along with knowing how tourists are abused with unfavorable exchange rates on purchases probably reduce our actual expenses by 20%. What is interesting is they don't lead you on these things. They see what you're looking for and what you want and then guide you gently on how to find the best value.

If you're renting a car for your stay (which I recommend) have Dale get it for you, if he can. I've done it both ways and you won't get either a better car or a better price, although you may be able to equal it. Avoid Dollar rental by the airport, in any event - they advertised a good price. When I got there it at least doubled when they added mandatory insurance and then added 20% because they don't take cash or travelers checks, only credit cards and they abuse you with the exchange rate.

We have now spent 6 weeks at Baldwin's Guest House in total and we've had consistently great breakfasts. They always are served at our choice of time in the morning (Kathy or Dale always ask, 'When do you want breakfast'). The first course is always fresh fruit cut into bite sized pieces, 2 or 3 kinds of yogurt, and granola. The second course consists of meat (sausage, pulled pork, and ham are typical) along with eggs, and a starch or two (awesome rice, died potatoes, waffles, and pancakes usually) and beans. Breakfast usually carried us to dinner but we'd have a snack somewhere in mid to late afternoon just to be sure we didn't starve before a late dinner.<g>

Let Dale know what you drink and he'll keep the refrigerator stocked with your favorite beverage at a reasonable price. It's self serve. If you're a fan of the Margarita be sure to have Kathy mix you a batch up. They are the best we've had anywhere. So good that my tea totaling Baptist son in law drank almost a whole pitcher! Kathy will also do laundry for a reasonable price and we took advantage of it this time and only packed much lighter figuring 4 or 5 days of clothing was enough. Be sure to stop by the outdoor kitchen, which is available to guests, around 5-5:30 pm and have a drink. Dale and Kathy will likely join you and share both wit and wisdom with you. If nothing else they can lead you to some good local dining establishments like Mr. Taco, Chilangos, or Otates or to a fancier place like Rolandi's, La CoCay, or Casa Mission. Just tell them what you're in the mood for and they'll fix you up.

Room Tip: We've stayed in three rooms and they were all excellent. I think the two best are the Casita an...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel is an ideal place to stay for any vacation. My family has stayed at the beautiful bed and breakfast many times and each visit is more enjoyable than the last.
Kathy and Dale are welcoming and helpful in everyway from the moment you arrive. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate. They allow each guest plenty of privacy, while providing all the comforts of home.
Kathy’s breakfasts are phenomenal. You will NOT find a better breakfast anywhere, ever!
Both Kathy and Dale are so extremely helpful from providing ginger chews after a rough boat ride, to entertaining toddlers so Mom can eat and even calling to help relocate misplaced passports. All things a resort or hotel would not handle without taking hours out of a vacation and money from your wallet.
Not to mention the Baldwin’s attention to detail to make sure everything is in pristine condition throughout their gated area.
Anyone who stays at the Baldwin’s will be spoiled by the end of their visit and ready to plan their next!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family