$199
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
$364
$203
2,092 results
All reviewsmurphy bedbabieca dive centercruise shipactivities directorone bedroom suitetower roomshot tubbeach areaday passfishthe general managerthe wait staffjuan carlosall inclusive planall inclusive packagetime sharetimeshare presentation
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Before my last cruise to Cozumel, I was talking to a customer of my Mini Storage facility. Somehow the subject of cruises came up. I mentioned to him that I would be out of town the next week, told him that my wife and I were going on a Carnival cruise. I told him that it was just a 5 day and that we would be going to Cozumel and Progresso. When I mentioned cruise, he immediately told me that he was also a cruiser, and that he had just recently taken his first Diamond cruise. I told him that my next cruise was #31 and I hoped to soon hit that Diamond level. We talked a bit about what excursions we had taken at different ports. He said that he discovered, on his most recent cruise to Cozumel, a resort only a couple of blocks from the dock, where you could pay a small fee and take advantage of all of their "all-inclusive" perks. It was the El Cid.
The wife and I took a short walk north of the dock and found the El Cid. We asked if we could just go inside and look around and that we would probably spend the day there on our next visit. They were glad to let us look around. It wasn't as plush and fancy as some of the other all-inclusives we've been to in the past, but on a smaller scale it looked pretty doggone good.
Next time we visit Cozumel (which is about 3 or 4 times a year) we plan to give it a try. For less than $50 each, we can use their pool, beach, spas, restaurant and bars. I'm sure I can get my money's worth in one meal with drinks.

Room Tip: We only did a day visit, didn't get a room. They let you pay a fee and take advantage of perks.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Andresmaillard, General Manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear RL A :

Thank you very much for sharing your review at Tripadvisor it is exciting for us to read that you are interested in visit us in your next trip we will be more than pleased to host you.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Cordially

Reviewed August 16, 2017

When we got to the airport in Cozumel, there were people lined up at the airport that would try to con you into going into a time share place. Just go straight out to get the taxi and go where you are staying. If you are staying at the resort place, they'll try to get you to buy a time share. You will have to sit there for at least 90 min to get what they had promised you. It is a pain in the butt!!! I wish they stop doing that!!! They try to push you to upgrade the time share, but we refused to.
Overall, the place has a beautiful view of the ocean, but the building has poor air conditioning. Our room, also had a water leakage from a storm. They are constantly fixing the building.

Room Tip: We tipped the clearing service people $3 US dollars, the exchange rate was around $54.25 pesos, but the air conditioning was very noisy. As well, the building is quite old.

Dear thanhtrucn528 :
On behalf of El Cid La Ceiba Hotel I would like to thank you for your time you took to write your review.
Your opinion is extremely important to improve all our services and do all the adjustments required we will take notes about your comments to double check some procedures to improve in that area.
Please apologize for this inconveniences.
Hoping to have a new opportunity with you, and on your next visit consider visiting.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

This was our first stay at the El Cid and were completely happy with it. Accommodations were fantastic and the resort employees were top notch. Conveniently located and bring your snorkel gear with you. You can walk right out the lobby and snorkel right out in front of the resort and see beautiful fish and such.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear W679ACmichaelb :
On behalf of everyone who works here at El Cid la Ceiba, we want to thank you for your kind review and stay with us. We are very happy to read that on your first time you were pleased with our staff and facility, and can't wait to have you here again very soon.

I will extend your words to the staff, and I'm sure they'll be delighted to read that they were able to make your stay a pleasurable one.
Looking forward to seeing you again here in your home away from home.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We brought our niece and nephews and their mothers with us, a party of 8 total. Obviously, this was too much for even the two-bedroom so we booked an extra one-bedroom suite and El Cid made sure we shared a floor of the tower for convenience. The staff was, as always, friendly and accommodating. We had no concerns that were not addressed during the stay.

As the timeshare owners, we knew we were going to be asked to attend a presentation. Normally, we decline but this time we attended in order to make some of the family trips affordable for our group. Far too often, you can feel almost kidnapped in timeshare presentations as they drag on and on and you have to go through sales person after sales person after manager until you leave. That did no happen here. To El Cid's credit, not only did they provide every incentive promised, but also the presentation was just as long as they stated up front and we were not pressured to reconsider when we declined the upgrade offer. They did what they said they would do and made the experience pleasant.

Dear eggishorn:

Thank you very much for your beautiful review and your recent stay with us.
There's nothing that makes us happier than to know that our guests' stay was fun, and that you found our staff friendly, so we're very glad to know that your stay was pleasent.

I'm sure that other readers will find your review very useful,
Thank you again for your kind words, they truly made our day!

Hoping to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We stayed at La Ceiba for a week and it was the most relaxing family vacation we've ever had. Packed into a small footprint are a swimming pool, hot tub, a restaurant, bar, two little beach areas, roped off area for safe snorkeling right on the property, and even a saltwater fish pool that you can swim in with the fishes--my favorite part was that it's so compact that the inevitable running back and forth to the rooms "Mommy I forgot my googles" was effortless and it felt so safe I often sent the kids on their own. Rooms are lovely and large--we shopped local and made meals in our own kitchen and played board games on the dining room table. Staff were so helpful--guided us in finding the best things to do in Cozumel. We loved swimming with dolphins trip! We totally want to come back next year.

Dear Kirsten R:
Thanks so much for the review you have wrote of our past vacations at our hotel.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities.
Every single employee of this resort from the servers to supervisors, are always trying to provide the best service and best facilities, so we are glad to read that once again we did it i will share your words with my staff.

We are ready to welcome you again one more time very soon.

Cordially yours