“Great Relaxing Vacation Spot”

El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chandler AZ
“Great Relaxing Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We arrived in Cozumel in June 2009 and stayed at this wonderful resort. We stayed in two studio rooms on the top floor of the shorter building. The resort has two building, the other one is much taller. This is our second time at this resort in the last year. We came specific for the relaxing atmosphere, the location of the resort, not too far from town, and to dive at the onsite dive shop Babieca dive center.

The resort is smaller than most I have been to but the resort makes it up in cleanliness, prompt service, wonderful staff, and great view of the ocean. I think every room in the resort has a view of the ever changing blue water of the ocean.

We dove for five days and had a wonderful time. The unlimited shore dive was a plus if you are diving with the resort. The staff at the Babieca Dive center is always professional and so helpful. Thanks Juan Carlos and Luis the divemaster.

We enjoyed this resort that we will be returning in October and then again in March 2010.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bra_Head
Salavatore, general manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

On behalf of everyone who works at El Cid la Ceiba, we would like to thank you for your patronage and your kind review. We all strive for our guests’ satisfaction and are thrilled to know that your stay with us was pleasurable. I’ll be sure to give your review to Luis and Juan Carlos, I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.

We can’t wait to welcome you again!

Salvador Sánchez Meza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Hebrew first
georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Teresa the concierge was very helpful and ready to offer discounts on diving and other activities. The sales presentation was mentioned, but never pushed. We bought a "trial" program to see how this works out. The snorkeling off shore is quite good... and I am a scuba diver. I saw several eels and a good variety of juvenile fish that you usually see while diving. The restaurant food was good, but there are much less expensive options if you can drive downtown where the locals eat. Of course a suite provides you with whatever you need to prepare your own meals if you wish on your vacation. My friends really enjoyed the pool, sauna, and exercise room. This is a small resort right next to the international pier for shopping. The grocery stores Chadraui and Mega are an easy walk away also. Three miles from San Miguel make it an easy walk or an inexpensive cab ride away. Dive shops can pick you up on the resort's pier. We did not dive with the on site shop. Loved our time there and will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank luvdiving
Dear Sir and Madam,

We are very glad that you find el Cid to your liking. Thank you very much for your kind review and your visit, be sure that we would love to have you again soon so we can pamper you as you deserve. We would love to have you try the Dive Shop we have here, our Dive Masters are very helpful and would love the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you once again for your patronage.

Durham, Nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

My wife and I spent a week here and enjoyed every minute of it. We were looking for rest and relaxation and found it at La Ceiba. This is what they call a "Boutique" hotel (only 60 rooms); it has a very nice restaurant, bar, pizzeria, and spa on the premises, with a mini-mart and dress shop right outside the entrance. This was exactly what we were looking for...quiet and fun; a place with a great staff and excellent service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EKU69
Salavatore, general manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Dear Sir and Madam,

On behalf of everyone who works at El Cid La Ceiba, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We’re very happy that we were able to provide you with beautiful memories, and hope to see you again very soon.

It would be our pleasure to have you again here in your home away from home.

Kind regards,

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

You may find a more luxurius place to stay but you won't find one with better service or more to offer the the La Ceiba. The rooms are very nice and clean. The staff, all of them, are friendly and accomodating. I believe that the hotel allows them to bring their families on certain days and even when they aren't working they are so friendly and make you feel as if they remember you. The food was very good ( Much better than the El Cid Marina and Yacht Club in Puerto Moreols) with a menu with just the right amount of choices. The only complaint we had was the loud music when the cruise ships were in. I know they are just trying to have something for everyone but the space is to small for something like that and some of us actually like to nap at the beach.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Milby606
Dear Sir or Madam,

We are very thankful for your patronage and kind review, we assure you we will work to improve those areas that you found not to your liking, all of us at El Cid la Ceiba have our guests’ comfort as our number one priority. We’re very glad that the services we provide were up to your standards, and would love to welcome you home once more.

Thank you again, and please come and visit us again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

El Cid hotel ,resort in cozumel was an eye opener for me when i arrived. I was welcomed with a hot towel and refershing drink before they gave me the room key. they offered me many options to enhance my stay and save.I had booked this room through expedia about a month before arrival and i was specific in my request about the room and the floor and they delivered exactly that. through my stay they suprised me every day with a five star quality treatment to my room and to me personlly which sets this hotel apart from other i stayed at. they did that with things like different figures made out of towels and flowers on my bed daily. those figures where done very tastefully and artistically. also the welcoming dish of chocolets with my name on it with a sincere thank you note writen in chocolet.They will actually come in to turn your bed and leave candy and choclolets on your bed before turning in which is very unlikely to happen in any hotel at the price of El CID El ciba in cozumel or even a five star hotel in the same area. The quality of service in this hotel is unmatched for the price and the entire staff there is like family to me now. I had stayed there for over a week so i know what i am wiritng.When i left my bag on my scooter outside and it started to rain the doorman brought in and secured it for me . I highly recomend this facility especailly for divers and snorkelers. The under water scenery in ther front beach is fantastic with all sorts of colorfull fish squid and marine life. they have their own docks and scoba station that makes it easy to get the gear needed for deep sea diving transports.The facility is very secure with guards roaming the grounds 24 hours.The schedual of events for the week was also nicely put together with movies ouside by the pool area and dancing with great Djs. They will even invite you for cocktails and snacks even if you are not an all inclusive guest.When i forgot my video camera charger in the room i emailed them and they responded within an hour informing me that they found it and they will send it to me in michigan at no charge. Service like that is very hard to find these days for the small price i paid for my holiday to stay there. I will defentifly rebook my next trip at El CID in cozumel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank beasttravel
Dear Sir or Madam,

On behalf of everyone who works at El Cid la Ceiba, we would like to thank you for your stay and kind review. It’s comments like this that makes us strive for the highest quality and service standards, and we’re very glad that we were able to provide you with both.

We hope to see you again very soon so we can pamper you as you deserve.

Gracias, Amigos!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

The service at El Cid was a definite 5/5. A week before the trip, a concierge called me to inform me that they provided free shuttle service and to avoid possible drivers that might try to take advantage of us. That went well and we arrived at the hotel just fine. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly concierge and some rum punch.

We were a bit early so our room was not ready so we decided to eat at the in-hotel restaurant, La Chopa. The food there is good but not great and a bit more expensive compared to places we searched on TA. This was no surprise as I'm sure the hotel is mainly an AI place. The wait staff there was friendly, attentive, and very courteous.

The room was great - huge king size bed, ice cold AC, and a clean bathroom. We were on the ground floor with a sliding door right by the massage hut. The only thing that bothered me about the room was the AC was situated right over the bed so it was a bit too cold to have all night. That's a minor detail of course.

The location of El Cid is decent. It is right next to the cruise ship pier so it is very busy if there is a ship docked. And if there is, lots of people from the cruise will be hanging out at the hotel / on the beach. Their sand area is fine; it could use more huts as the Coz sun is quite intense at times. Not much if you're looking for a beach, so keep that in mind.

Overall, we had a great stay and would stay at El Cid again. We booked this through my parents' timeshare and we were not even asked once to attend a presentation, which I loved.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mike219jma
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

My family and I stayed at El Cid La Ceiba in August 2009. WE were greeted with cold scented face cloths and Rum Punch upon arriving from the airport, and our luggage was immediately taken to our room. We choose to participate in the all inclusive meal option available to guests, GREAT choice! No worries about prices, money, and it was a good selection of foods and drink with very attentive dining staff. The diving in Cozumel is GREAT and the staff at the Babieca Dive Center which is on site at La Ceiba, are very professional, our Dive Master Luis is TOP self. The facility is very clean, with beach, pool, ocean walk in, entertainment, and very COLD beer! I would recommend El Cid La Ceiba to anyone planning on going to Cozumel. The General Manager Salvador Meza knows how to run a resort.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doubledipper
Salavatore, general manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,
We would like to thank you for your kind comment, and are so pleased that you found El Cid la Ceiba to your liking. We pride ourselves in having a very high rate of Customer Satisfaction, and are very happy that we were able to provide you and your family with nice memories of your visit.
Please come back soon, we would love to welcome you back with open arms.
Salvador Sánchez