El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
$504
$456
2,022 results
All reviewsmurphy bedbabieca dive centercruise shipone bedroom suiteactivities directortower roomshot tubbeach areajuan carlosday passfishthe general managerall inclusive planthe wait staffall inclusive packagetime sharetimeshare presentation
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Picked this resort hotel since I have had such great experiences here every time. The location is perfect in that it is not too far from center of town, yet close and convenient to everything. As in my past trips, the staff is eager to ensure every guest enjoys vacation and truly give service with a smile. Food is excellent. I especially like that you can choose which days you would like to do all-inclusive for the days staying close to hotel or not to get it on days you are offsite exploring the island. thumbs up for this resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janie w
Andresmaillard, General Manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about our Resort. We feel very excited to know that you experienced another great staying with us. we feel very honored for your kind words about our daily work.
I look forward to see you again soon.

Cordially yours

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went as guests of a time-share owner, and we did not buy the all-inclusive packages as we wanted to try the different restaurants on the island. The good points: the staff is very friendly and attentive - which is something we found throughout the island. Taxi service was always available when ever we needed it. The hot tub is VERY conveniently located adjacent to the bar - good for the 4-6 happy hour. The onsite dive shop was wonderful. Why three stars: it's not very quiet. Street noise, loud plumbing, conversations from close balconies and in the walkway by the front door. Cruise ships - if you like watching the big ships come and go, it's a plus - but the dock is virtually right off the shore from the resort. The ships block most of the view. The pool was cold. The beds are pretty hard. And for a place that calls itself a "beach resort", they did not have much beach.

Room Tip: Maybe the tower on a high floor would be better to get away from noise and see over the shops.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

dear guest,
Let me thank you for sharing your experience following recent stay at El Cid La Ceiba. Our company always welcomes positive and constructive criticism, as it helps us to improve our service and product.
A lot of guest agree with your comment, our staff is very friendly and attentive this point make us different from other resorts.
Again thank you and hoping to serve you very soon.
On Regards,
And`res Maillard.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband, mother in law and I stayed at the El Cid in November 2012. Prior to arrival, I was concerned about the cruise ships and the lack of a "walk in" type beach. I found, however, that these things were not a concern at all. We loved this resort! We had a two bedroom suite on the 6th floor of the tower, and it was fabulous. The room had a kitchenette (microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cook top, blender, and all the plates/utensils you need), dining area, living room, three bathrooms, two bedrooms, and three balconies all overlooking the ocean. It was not a luxurious room, but it was clean, very comfortable, and afforded plenty of space and privacy for all of us. The cruise ships are all parked off to one side of the resort, so you can either look at them or look the other direction at the water and horizon. We enjoyed watching the ships come into port in the morning and leave in the evening. We also enjoyed meeting people from the ships who had day passes to the resort. The resort was very quiet, so the addition of the ship passengers in the afternoons was actually quite nice. As for the beach, we had no problem using the stairs to get in the water, and the snorkeling right off the beach was really good. We spent a lot of time out in the water looking at all the beautiful fish. The beach itself, although man made, was very nice. There were lots of chairs and palapas, nice sand, and great service from the restaurant staff. They worked hard to bring everyone the food and drinks they wanted. And you could order lunch off the restaurant menu right on the beach...no need to cover up and go into the restaurant. I also really enjoyed the swim up bar in the hot tub! The temp of the hot tub was perfect after getting out of the ocean or coming back from diving. I would jump in to warm up and have a cerveza right there. It was great. I found the staff of the hotel to be very friendly and helpful. We had a couple of service issues in our room - a toilet that didn't flush right and a TV that wasn't working - and they quickly came and fixed the problems. I did not see the rooms in the low rise, but I did like where they were located (right behind the beach). The El Cid really did surpass my initial expectations, and I was very happy we stayed there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation, a clean and comfortable room, and friendly/helpful service.

Room Tip: Our sixth floor tower room had beautiful ocean views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andresmaillard, General Manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the staff of El Cid La Ceiba Resort I wish to thank you for your fantastic review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you and your family had a great vacation with us.
We will share your comments with all our staff, as I always commented the reviews of this site are the best feedback for us.
We hope to see you all back and thank you again for sharing your review and for your preference.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was my second time in the span of 10 years that I visited Cozumel Island and stayed in El Cid La Ceiba. My first stay ten years ago was wonderfull. I am pleased to say that nothing changed or if it did it changed for better. \
Me, my fiance and my daughter stayed there ten days in May of 2012, check in was fast. We had a room in the tower, overlooking ocean, it was great! We mentioned lack of microwave and withing half an hour we were offered that they will bring new microwave or that we can choose one of the other two rooms. After wievieng two other rooms we choose the room on the ground level, with a nice kitchenette, and a balcony allowing us direct access to the beach, pool and other amenities without having to go through the interior corridors. It was very convienient for us since we travelled with a 5 year old and she could go in and out easily and play outside where I could see her.
The service was great! Staff polite, smiling and dying to please. When I asked about coconuts hanging from the trees, security gard called gardener and he cut down few of them with a big machete, open them up and me and my fiance were drinking cocunut milk sitting on our balcony and looking at the ocean.
We had a rented car. Parking is usually scarce around the hotel but when staff noticed that our car belonged to us-hotel guests-they were using orange cones to prevent somebody to take our parking spot whenever we were going out with the car.
Staff is very children friendly. Wonderfully folded bath towels that resembled swans, teddy bears, butterflies made our daughter happy. Hosekeeping does a very good job. The hotel is exceptionally clean.
Service in the hotel restaurant was polite, fast and knowledgable. Food was good. Diving spots are all over but you know that if you decided to come to Cozumel.
Overall a great place that did not change for worse but improve in the past years. I love it and will always come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the beach and a family friendly kitchenette
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for share your comments, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed again your vacations at our beautiful Island of Cozumel and of all the services El Cid offers. As you could see, we all work together to give you the best service ever, our staff is the most important part of our hotel, they all help to provide you an amazing vacations.!
We greatly thank you for recommending our hotel to others, fun is for everybody..! be assured that for your next visit we will provide you with another amazing vacations full of fun, flavor and with the personalized service that characterizes us.
Hoping to welcome you back here on your home away of home very soon!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at El Cid this past May while Scuba Diving and had a waterfront room which was very comfortable with excellent maid service. All personnel were friendly and helpful and the bar was fantastic. Great hot tub right beside the bar, float over and get a drink. We had the all-inclusive package and the food menu was simply excellent. We highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guests,
we would like to thank you for your preference and for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, it is really appreciated. I am so glad you enjoyed the service, facilities, location and our delicious food .
Again thank you for recommending our property and hoping to see you very soon.
Cordially