2,124 results
All reviewsmurphy bedbabieca dive centercruise shipactivities directorone bedroom suitetower roomshot tubbeach areafishday passthe general managerjuan carlosall inclusive planthe wait staffall inclusive packagetime sharetimeshare presentation
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Myself, cousin, and Aunt visited this resort March 2012. I exchanged through RCI for a 2 bedroom. We were place in the "older" units. Good location, but the room and furnishing were quite dated. Now here is my complaint. We did not purchase the all inclusve, therefore were purchasing drinks and lunches at the beach. For some reason, the staff would not wait on us. It was not very crowded, and when asking for menus and drinks from the wait staff, they continued to ignore us. My daughter and I would leave our beach chairs and got to the bar and order ourselves. Upon ordering lunch at the bar counter, my daughter who is fluent in Spanish overheard the staff making rude comments about us. When we finished out lunch, not staff would pick up out plates, so I had to move them to an empty beach chair (due to flies). This mess sat out with staff passing it all day. Now anytime I ordered food, I always gave a 20% tip, so again, I just don't get it. I can only figure it was the fact that we did not purchase the all inclusive meal plan. Everyother service was good. Massages were great on the beach.
Housekeeping was very nice, and tipped accordingly. Internet service was a nightmare. Yes, you can snorkle off the beach, but coral is all dead.Cruise ships always in sight. I won't go back due to this service, and I hope no one else has the same experience. Taking guests, I was very embarrased.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guests:
I want to personally apologize for the service you received with this area of our resort , we do care about your vacation experience and the impression every guest has of El Cid. I will look into the matter immediately. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to the island, so that we may win your confidence again.

Cordially

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I went to El Cid with our time share in May of 2012. We got a 1 bedroom in the tower. The room was more then we expected. Huge, clean, king bed and 2 full bathrooms. 2 balconies. We love to cruise so seeing the ships come in was a treat for us. The Hotel was neat as a pin, the restaurant was great. We loved the 2 special evenings. One was a beach cook out. I had the best piece of fish I had on the island that night. It was very romantic we were celebrating our 26th anniversary.
They had a Mexican feast the last night we were there.
We snorkeled right in front of the hotel.

The people were friendly and helpful and we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda E
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay and impression of the hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us what a positive experience you had!!!

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future. (see you soon)

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My son and I travel at least once a year with my Wyndham VIP timeshare ownership. In 15 years of ownership this has been our best vacation, and all have been great. I am sitting on the balcony of my one bedroom unit overlooking the ocean as I write this. Tomorrow we depart for home.
Service....best ever. Never wanted for anything. Starts with a complimentary Conga placed in your hand to enjoy while one of fabulous concigere educates you to all the wonderful sites on the island. Marco, we love you. You are the best. The food is fabulous and very reasonably priced. And as thru out the entire resort the staff at La Chopa was wonderful. I will be utiluzing spa services today but have no doubt they will be above expectation.
No vacation goes without little glitches but the staff resolved them in record time. Air conditioner in bedroom stopped working and they immediately offered another room. We were so relaxed and settled in we opted not to change and were quite comfortable but their staff would have assisted with the short move. Small glitch with a car rental and Marco had it fixed in minutes. All things out of the control of the resort but addressed in minutes.
As for the cruise ships....not a problem. You will still see the sunsets. Does it increase the number of people at the resort, yes. Does it affect service or quality, not at all. If you are concerned check the cruise ship schedule with staff and plan your out of resort activities accordingly. They are only there a few hours at most.
If you have never travelled here consider contacting the facility before your arrival. Marco or Luis can provide some helpful tips.
While there are many places to scuba or snorkel the area at the resort is great. Rent your snorkling gear for the day and hop in whenever you want.
I did the 90 minute sales presentation. It had been many years since I did one because they are usually quite frustrating but wanted to learn more about El Cid. Glad I did. Starts with a nice breakfast at La Choppa.....none of those cold pastries buffets. Nice conversation. I am sure since I was a timeshare educated VIP owner the presentation was different for me but appreciated that it was not high pressure and when I am ready to upgrade I will consider an El Cid ownership.
Love the towels folded into animals. Could not wait to see what awaited us each day. Very nice touch.
Come to El Cid prepared to relax and be pampered. We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be great. Choose what best fits your needs. Our one bedroom unit was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane T
Andresmaillard, General Manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

“Dear Guest, thank you for your kind comment, we really appreciate it, and I must say we`re very proud of our staff, they are really good, we believe that makes a big difference and I’m happy that you feel pleased with it, have a wonderful time and see you soon”
Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2012

May 21st 2012, arrived at El Cid Cozumel 6 people first time to Cozumel and to the El Cid. We arrived 2 hours early and our rooms were ready in 30 mins. Off we went to the 12th floor and to our delight we were given the three bedroom suite what a great view. The rooms were clean and very large, we also had a kitchen and livingroom plus a total of four balconies.Our group enjoyed watching the docking and departing of the cruise ships. The El Cid is an older hotel but kept very clean and up to date. The staff are great and always willing to help. If you want a good dive company make sure you book with Babieca Dive center on the grounds of the hotel..We enjoyed this hotel so much that I have already booked to return April 19th 2013 for 12 days.

Room Tip: Book the tower rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

“Dear Guest,
It is great to know that you had a nice experience and you are coming back next year with us we will be waiting for you and please if you have any further requests feel free to contact us by email (reserve.cozumel@elcid.com.mx) have a great day.
Cordially yours,

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Awesome!! I took my whole family and it was great! Beautiful hotel in an excellent location. The staff was really nice and helpful. The kids loved the pool, the ocean, and the activities desk. The wife loved the diving! I loved the great A/C and service!!! I would totally recommend!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower if you can.....the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ninareno
Andresmaillard, General Manager at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

On behalf of all the staff of El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel I thank you for your fantastic review and for your preference.
We will share your comments with all our staff.
We are so glad that you and your family had a great time with us and hope to see you very soon.
Cordially