Review Highlights
Passion island speed boat and beach day

Tour guides were friendly, funny and knowledgeable. The beach area was beautiful and had many... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
lpaugh82020
Springfield, West Virginia
Great excursion

I’m a travel agent so I’m very picky about excursions I do. This one was great. From the time we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Heather W
Phoenix, Arizona
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $54.15
from $55.00
from $39.00
from $70.77
More Info
All reviews tour guide mayan encounter vow renewal chichen itza door jeep jeep rental cruise ship mayan ruins the entire island white sand own pace san gervasio explained everything once in a lifetime discover mexico highlight of our trip guacamole
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This Cozumel dune buggy trip was awesome. Can’t believe you do so much. Snorkeling was great for us (first time). Lunch was the freshest Mexican food we ever had. The guide was very knowledgeable. The company is very accommodating, we had 5 people, one was an old lady. Made my mother in law very happy. Very relaxed trip, the guide lets you decide how long you want to stay at one place, also reminds you how much time you have left to be able to see everything. The guide was also able to arrange, drop off at the cruise ship, instead of the tour starting place. (Saved a half an hour and a 20 dollar cab ride). Thanks for the adventure, my kids will be talking about this forever.

Date of experience: January 2020
Cozumel-Reservations, Manager at This Is Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your 5 star review of our Cozumel Dune Buggy Tour, Jon! It's a great, quirky way to see a LOT of what the island has to offer and we're really pleased that your family enjoyed it so much. Come back soon! :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a jeep wrangler in advance because we wanted to be sure to get a four door jeep as our parents are older and would not be able to get into the back seat of the two door.

The jeep was actually booked through Fiesta car rentals, via "This is Cozumel", and the service was excellent. We were met at the shop by Henri and Gaspar, and Veronica at the head shop was in constant contact via email with me until we met them so they knew I was coming.

The check out was efficient, and I opted for the extra insurance as it lowered any deductible to zero. I also was told to gas up the jeep on return or pay the $15 to refuel. I paid the $15 in advance, so I just had to drop off the jeep when done with the day and not deal with the local gas stations. A real time saver (thank you Gaspar for suggesting that!!).

We toured the Mayan ruins, went to lunch at Coconuts, visited the Punta Sur Eco Park and had a very relaxed day, not being herded with the other cruise ship passengers and setting out own pace. Be sure to bring an AUX cord for your phone to tap your play list in the radio for your own music while driving.

Return was extremely efficient, and we were off the jeep and on our way in no time at all. Highly recommended to use these people, as they were kind, respectful and very service oriented. A great day ashore.

Date of experience: January 2020

Hola Kevin! We're delighted you had such a great time in the Cozumel Jeep Rental you booked with us and that your rated the service 5 stars. A big gracias for finding the time to post your feedback :)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We took our 5 kids and our niece to the Mayan Encounter, and it was fantastic! Engaging (grinding our own corn & cacao), tasty (samples of multiple foods/drinks) and a great introduction to Mayan history. They even put on a fire dance, taught us a few Mayan words, and let us try our hand at the ball game! Very memorable tour!

2  Thank Kim F
Cozumel-Reservations, Manager at This Is Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hi Kim, we're delighted you and your family had such a wonderful time at out Mayan Encounter, and thanks for taking the time to post your review. The Mayan culture and history is absolutely fascinating and this is the perfect way to learn about it in a fun, interactive tour. Hope you can come back soon! :)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We had a wonderful Cozumel Sailing Tour.The owners and crew were all friendly, welcoming, and professional. The tour more than met our expectations. I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a visit to Cozumel. Thank you for your assistance in booking the tour.

Date of experience: January 2020

Hola Eileen, thanks for finding the time to post your feedback and give our Cozumel Sailing Tour 5 stars! We're really happy you had such a good time and recommend the trip. Thanks again and we hope you can return to Cozumel again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Family trip to Sunscape Sabor Cozumel (4 adults)

Car Rental - We rented a mid-sized car for value this time, but highly recommend booking the Jeep! All of the rentals are great, with A/C and auto-transmissions. Would be a nice feature to have a compass added onto the dash, for those just-in-case moments when you are lost in town, and cannot get a cellular signal on your phone. (Yep, we got lost) But the island is round, and eventually, you will get there!

Excursions - I have found the excursions offered on this site are, by far, the most reasonable around. Well prepared descriptive information will help you make your decisions, and while there is a reservation policy, if something happens with the tour provider to cause cancellation (weather problems, mostly) this team will reach out to you and do all they can to reschedule you and accommodate you so you can enjoy your planned activities. Unfortunately, weather in the winter months can be unpredictable.

Representatives - this team is just wonderful. Friendly, knowledgable and eager to assist you with finding just what you are looking for. Alex is my favorite so far, and he has helped me out many times with our tours in August, 2019 and January, 2020. Thank you, Alex!

Recommended excursions -
1) Lobster dinner on the PIRATE SHIP: I think this is my most favorite must-see on the island. The show that the Pirates put on will have you belly-laughing at the comedy, and Ooo-Ahh-ing at the action! The Pirates will lure you into their world with just a glance, and you will be hooked as they transform you into a Pirate for the evening. And then the dinner ... mmm ... LOBSTER is the BEST! AND ... book with This is Cozumel, and get 15% off! Win-Win, I'm telling ya!
2) Mayan Encounter: This tour will teach you the great history of the Mayan culture, civilization and beliefs. The authentically dressed guides and performers will dazzle you with their skills! Keep in mind that the honeybees are STINGLESS, and will not hurt you. They may buzz around you, but don't worry, they are gentle creatures and provide an invaluable resource ... honey. It is truly an enlightening tour, which will leave you with a little Mayan spirit nestled in your heart.

I highly recommend this reservation team as your one-stop shop for excursions and activities and other needs. They will take great care to make your time in Cozumel meet, and probably beat, your expectations!

Date of experience: January 2020

Hi Wendi and a massive thanks for your very kind words. It's our pleasure to have been able to help you and we hope we can help you again on many more visits! :)