“Best lunch in Cozumel!”

Ranked #114 of 384 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Come enjoy the afternoon at the newly remodeled main square with a great atmosphere and quality food and drinks
Norman, Oklahoma
“Best lunch in Cozumel!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We hadn't planned on eating there when we were walking around the square, but decided to have a late lunch there. I had the best quesadillas I've ever eaten. I ordered them, not expecting anything special, but they were excellent! The rest of our food was very good and it was a pleasant place to hang out on the square and have a meal. Pleasant surroundings on the square and good service.

• Visited April 2012
Guillermo N, Owner at Agave Cantina & Grill, responded to this review, August 23, 2015
Thank you very much for your review, we are under new ownership, hopefully you can join us again soon.

Best regards

Waterloo, Iowa
“This place was a true surprise”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We noticed Agave during our January trip, but didn't make it for dinner. This time, we thought we might give it a shot. On our last day on the island, we had decided on dinner, but as we were walking our bikes around the square, walked past Agave and thought, hey, let's check the menu just to see. The owner, Ricky (Ricardo) came up and asked us if we wanted a table. We told him we were just checking the menu for dinner that night, and he gave us a coupon for a free appetizer. We recognized him - he used to work at Mosaicoz next door. Anyway, the menu was pretty extensive and the prices looked good so we tried it out. It's a pretty classy place for the location - I was impressed. At first we were disappointed that the free app was just guacamole and pico de gallo, but then when it arrived we changed our mind. The pico had pesto and parmesan mixed in it - sounds weird but was amazing. the waiter had lots of info on the dishes and made some recommendations - the margs are great too. I had coconut and my husband had cucumber (only strange thing was his second marg came in a MUCH SMALLER glass than the first, but for the same price - we didn't say anything though because our food was so reasonable). Our food was HANDS DOWN the best meal we had on the island during this trip. It was presented very attractively - almost like a gourmet restaurant but for casual, sit down restaurant prices. I still can't believe how cheap it was for the flavor and quality. My husband's shrimps were HUGE, and full of flavor. Our server, Victor, was very pleasant. The other cool thing was THEY DON'T HOLLER AT YOU to come eat at their restaurant, like every other restaurant on the square does.

• Visited April 2012
Thank you very much for your review, i hope we can be of service again, we are now under new ownership, so we will be happy to have you again soon!!

Best Regards
“Best margaritas and shrimp I had my whole vacation.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat that is a good seafood spot. A man named ricky ricardo who was working at the restaurant at the time told us to give them a try. We sat down and brought me one of the best tasting margaritas i ever had. Then he made me a double order of the shrimp dish i wanted. Best meal in Mexico. Thank you ricky ricardo for stopping us that day, money well spent after my fourth huge margarita.

Thank you for your review, we are under new ownership we hope you can stop by and join us soon!!

Best regards
Sebastopol, California, United States
“Great food and location, bend-over-backwards service”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were "recruited" to have a drink by the waiter, which is often how you are greeted while walking past this restaurant, located on Cozumel's central square. The margarita was good, and Rickie (Ricardo) was friendly and engaging.

We had already eaten this evening, but asked Rickie about vegetables, which we don't get enough of while traveling, and are often in sparse supply in Mexican cuisine. We asked if they would cook veggies for our dinner the next night, and Rickie was more than accommodating--probably never realizing we would actually return the following evening.

We did just that, armed with broccoli from the Mega Mercado. The chicken (Julio's) was very nicely seasoned, and my partner's blackened shrimp tacos were muy sabroso! Plus, Rickie prepared a special sauce for our steamed broccoli ingeniously concocted from garlic, olive oil and some type of cream. It was a nice addition. Service was good, and the outdoor seating enabled us to watch nearby street performers.

The restaurant is new, but promising. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
Thanks for your review, hopefully you can come join us again, we are under new ownership, and the square has been recently renovated, so the experience is complete.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Miami Vice at Agave is to die for!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stopped in for drinks- I had a Miami Vice and my husband had a margarita. It was probably the best Miami Vice I've ever had and believe me, I have had plenty on various trips. Victor was friendly and funny but always remained professional. Check this place out if you're in the town square!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank marsch05
We appreciate your review, we are under new ownership, and we hope you come and try our BLUE AGAVE house cocktail, you will be surprised.