“Enough to share”
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Ranked #71 of 368 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fresh seafood delivered daily, homemade pasta, and fresh baked bread. Everything is made in house, all of our sauces marinara, alfredo, and pesto. All of our desserts are made in our kitchen with fresh ingredients. fresh produce delivered daily. Homemade pizza's made to order. Our experienced waiters are helpful and courteous. We are happy to tailor your meal to your dietary needs.
Houston Texas
“Enough to share”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Portions are large enough for 2 people to share. We had the Chicken Parmigiano and Chicken Milano....both served with homemade pasta. We ate too much of the garlic bread that when the huge portion meals came, we couldn't eat it all! Waif staff is very attentive and nice. Wide variety menu. Definitely would eat here again.

• Visited December 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“In case you're tired of tacos”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We thought we'd add some variety to our taco-centric diet and sup on some Italian grub. I can definitely recommend the lasagna and the seafood pizza; the fettuccine with pesto was a bit lacking in flavor. We were served several baskets of delicious garlic bread. Quaint, unpretentious atmosphere. Good service and clean bathrooms. Four friends ate dinner for $53 US, without alcohol. Some of the menu items were quite pricey, but the pizza was very reasonable. Bread and pasta all made in-house. Next time I hope I can save room for dessert.

• Visited December 2012
New York
“Great food, great staff”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We loved this place when it was Prima. Now as La Terraza it's even better. Same chef, same staff, same location and friendlier than ever. We have always loved the chicken parm because the chicken is so tender and the outside is crispy. The homemade pasta melts in your mouth, if they have banana cream pie...it's a must have! I'm not much for pudding, but was talked into a slice. Pure heaven! I ate the whole thing.

• Visited November 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Always one of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've been coming here for many years, going way back when it opened as Primas. Not much has changed. The food is still excellent, the staff attentive.
Nice location, close to the Plaza and on the 2nd floor terrace = Terraza. Good Italian dishes and excellent sea food dishes.

Visited November 2012
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
“Average, But Not Quite Very Good...”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I hate writing reviews when a restaurant is just "average." It's much easier to write about the great things or the bad things. First off, I'm amazed this restaurant is number 3, maybe shocked is a better word. We have been coming to Cozumel for over 20 years and we used to eat at Prima's when they were downtown, which is now where La Terraza is situated. Even during the quiet months of October and November, Prima used to be packed. When we got to La Terraza there was one other couple and they finished and left shortly after we arrived. The good news was the service was great. Everyone was very nice and attentive so definitely no complaints there. I had the blackened grouper and my wife has lasagna. I thought the fish was fresh and very good and both my wife and I thought the pasta was fresh. Her lasagna was so big she was only able to eat less than half so we took the rest home, which allowed me to have both to taste and evaluate. As I mentioned, the pasta was very fresh and very good, however the meat and sauces over the lasagna and the pasta that accompanied my grouper was boring. I'm used to sauces that are vibrant and both were dull and without much taste. Another huge complaint is that Prima's used to have an excellent wine list. When I asked for a wine list the waiter said they didn't have one but he said they had 2 red and 2 whites - standard fair of Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay and Souvignon Blanc. How can you have an Italian restaurant and not have a wine list and a much more extensive wine selection? My last complaint are the prices - when I can go to someplace else and have better food for a lower price then I believe prices are too high - La Mission, for example, which is less than a block away. So, Kondessa at number 1 makes total sense, La Tarraza at number 3 makes no sense at all.

• Visited November 2012