“Best place to eat in Cozumel”
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Ranked #87 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh seafood delivered daily, homemade pasta, and fresh baked bread. Everything is made in house, all of our sauces marinara, alfredo, and pesto. All of our desserts are made in our kitchen with fresh ingredients. fresh produce delivered daily. Homemade pizza's made to order. Our experienced waiters are helpful and courteous. We are happy to tailor your meal to your dietary needs.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

La Terraza or The Terrace is our favorite place to eat in Cozumel. I highly recommend the surf and turf. The filet and lobster are cooked to perfection. The service is great and the owner is very personable. This is 5 star food in a laid back atmosphere.

1  Thank Anschutz99
There are newer reviews for La Terraza

Reviewed August 24, 2012

great service; great food; just an overall great experience. We wanted Italian food but didnt want to go to the same old places. So we went here and were pleasantly surprised. Good times....and the Key Lime pie was excellent..wow

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling to Cozumel for 10 years. When Prima closed - we were saddened but tried their new location with mixed results. When La Terraza opened in the old location we went with some friends of ours and were impressed with the quality of food, pricing, ambiance and most of all - the people. The cooks (we could see in the kitchen prep area) and the wait staff are all hard working people who take great pride in making your visit a pleasure. We have returned many times and will do so again upon our return.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We passed on this place our 1st night in Cozumel to go to La Mission instead (big mistake. huge.). So on our 2nd night we decided to try it out, since the night before the owner said we would get 1 round of drinks for free. SOLD.

The owner is American and very warm and friendly. It was a slow night and he came to talk to our table probably 4 times to check up on us, make sure our waters were filled, bring us more bread, etc.

Every dish we had was delicious. The bruschetta was some of best I have ever had, and I'm from Chicago with delicious food from all over the world. It was a huge portion of bruschetta with only a few pieces of bread, but luckily we had the bread plate to eat up the rest!

I had the chicken fettuccine alfredo which was incredibly rich and delicious. We were all stuffed for dessert, but he talked us into coconut ice cream topped with kahlua. Absolutely delicious and something I'll be eating back home!

The prices were decent, about what you'd pay in the states for a mid-range meal. It's a great location just off the beaten path, and the rooftop deck is nice and quiet.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling to Cozumel for the past 20 years. Early on we discovered Prima and ate there every trip after. We were very unhappy to see them move to "penthouse" down by the mall. We ate there once and said we'd never go back. The prices increased and the quality decreased.

We've eaten at several other restaurants in town, but never really found a place that would keep me coming back. But that has all changed now. La Terraza has moved into the old Prima restaurant. Many of staff there (cashier, cooks and waiters) are previous Prima employees. The look, the feel and the menu is very much like the old Prima. We spoke with the owner for a while, and I get the feeling that he is sincere in wanting to make this restaurant #1 in Cozumel. If you don't like how your food is cooked or presented, bring it to their attention and they'll make it right.

I'm looking forward to my next trip so that I can go to La Terraza for dinner!