“Scuba Mau - First Class Experience!”
Review of Scuba Mau

Scuba Mau
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Mau is a friendly dive shop dedicated to personal service. We have been in operation on the Island of Cozumel, Mexico for 10 years. With a combined 20 plus years of diving experience, our multilingual team's goal is to provide you with the best and safest diving adventure in Cozumel.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We visited Scuba Mau in March of 2014 for our daughter's open water certification. He came highly recommended by our local dive shop - and we were certainly impressed! Mau personally taught our 10-year old on four dives with patience, experience, and knowledge. He took the time to make sure she was comfortable with every experience, but had fun, too! She always had a smile on her face! The whole family went diving with Mau as well - our 8-year old stayed on top snorkeling with Carlos, another excellent instructor. We always felt safe, and in great hands with Mau. I truly thank him for the time he spent making this first experience her best one. She is now a life-long diver, thanks to Mau! We will be back! I highly recommend Mau to anyone who wants to dive in Cozumel - whether for the first time, or hundredth time. Thank you, Mau!

ScubaMau, Owner at Scuba Mau, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

First, thank you so much for your kind feedback! It really helps us to see our dive shop through the eyes of our divers. Second, it was a pleasure to teach your daughter the underwater ways and to take you all diving/snorkeling together. We are happy to hear that everyone had a good time and we can't wait to have you guys back!

Take care,
Mau

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Wife and I spent our aniversary doing our open water training with Mau the week of 2/16/14. We are in our mid 60's and were extremely cautious and to be frank, quite nervous having never been out of the pool sessions in training. Mau arranged for Francisco to finish our training, and I have to say that both were extremely patient, knowledgeable, and really know Cozumel diving. Worked us through ALL of our concerns, and we did have more than a few. After certification, did a two tank boat dive (hired Franciso as a private DM) and had a great time. All of the staff and associates are great. Small groups, good captains, and fast boats. . .what more can we say!!!

We will definitely be back next year (sooner if possible).

Mau, Francisco, thanks a bunch. . .

Nick & Nancy

ScubaMau, Owner at Scuba Mau, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

It was our pleasure to finish your open water certification for the both of you and we are so glad that you enjoyed it! Thank you for your kind feedback and we will be happy to welcome you back to Cozumel when you come to dive again. Enjoy this adventure and welcome to the underwater world!

Take care,
Mau

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Dove with Mau on two days this past week. He accommodated a dive to Punte Sur-Devil's Throat for me who hadn't been under water for a few years. On another dive, Mau spotted a small nudabranch, fireworm, pipefish and larger but hidden scorpion fish. Besides being in spots with nurse sharks and sea turtles, the reefs we inhabited are thriving and doing better from a few years ago. I highly recommend going with Scuba Mau. Whether diving with Mau himself or one of his other guides, I trust this crew to find the best spots. Julio, one of the captains, got us dead on each of the dive spots, practically dropping right on top of the Devil's Throat entrance. I sucked air quickly each of the four dives and Julio picked me up quickly.

Three years ago, I also had great experiences with Scuba Mau.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I took my two teenage daughters as well as a niece and her mom on a 'Senior Trip'. I will be honest- I have never done this before and was very anxious! Scuba Mau was awesome at teaching us and helping us to feel comfortable with the equipment before the dive began. He was very professional, friendly, and we had a great time. I highly recommend Scuba Mau for beginners, as well as advanced divers. He was very prompt and efficient at having everything ready for us, and I felt very safe having him as our instructor.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I arrived to Scuba Mau and everything was already prepared, I just filled the papers and we headed by really fast boat ( I think fastest we met that day ) to the reefs (5 divers + 1 snorkel + guides, really small group!) I was diving (2 tank dives) while my girlfriend was snorekling around with snorkel guide (for snorkeling it was kind of expensive, but it was because there was special guide only for her as she was the only snorkeling person and we were in really strong currents in open sea so I think nobody coudn´t snorkel there without guidy, no matter how experience you are. Dive and service (fruit + water included) also excellent. One stop at beatiful beach to take a rest between dives where were wild racoons... Recommend to everyone!