“2nd Dive with Scuba Mau”
Review of Scuba Mau

Scuba Mau
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Mau is a friendly dive shop dedicated to personal service. We have been in operation on the Island of Cozumel, Mexico for 10 years. With a combined 20 plus years of diving experience, our multilingual team's goal is to provide you with the best and safest diving adventure in Cozumel.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“2nd Dive with Scuba Mau”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We dove all week with Scuba Mau. This was our 2nd time diving with them. Saw 14 different reefs and countless fish, sharks, rays, turtles, worms, eels, lobster, crabs, etc.
The wife and I only had a few dives, so we needed a little coaching to improve our skills. Mau made great suggestions right from the start and had us comfortable and trimmed out in a couple dives.
We had our first night dive, which was incredible! The bioluminescence was magical. So was the turtle the size of a Volkswagen!
Mau did a very good job pairing up divers with similar skills. He has access to several fast and comfortable boats to split groups up if needed. His boat captains and dive masters are experienced and helpful. They take care of you like family. Can't wait to return.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
“Súper!!! Fantastic!! Can't wait to dive with Scuba Mau again!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Every thing was great, but what made it for us an ultimate experience was the team. Mau, Leo and all the staff made it special because you felt between friends but also in a frame of professionalism and very safe. Superstars!!

Visited May 2013
Clinton, Missouri
“Personable & Professional - Highly Recommend”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I dove Cozumel for the first time this July, and had nothing short of an incredible experience - largely thanks to the wonderful team at Scuba Mau! I always felt safe and at ease around the shop and in the water; which is a top priority being a young female diving alone. I did 5 days of 2-tank dives and one night dive (my first time). Every dive was incredible with a relaxed atmosphere, long bottom times, and good marine life sightings. The two things I told Mau I wanted to see the first day were sharks and seahorses. We spotted sharks every day, but after not seeing sea horses all week, Mau made a special point to take me on a short dive where he knew some lived just so I could see one! Mau and the other staff are like family and treat each of their divers like family as well. I couldn't wait to get to the shop and dive every morning. All of the other divers were multiple year repeats which to me said a lot about the incredible atmosphere and professionalism of Scuba Mau. I know I will definitely be diving with Mau every time I make it back to Cozumel!

Ontario
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first time in Cozumel and we had heard about how good the diving was. We went with our friends who had gone diving with Mau before. 2 days before we went with another company because our friends had a package deal and I'm so GLAD that we closed our holidays with Mau. The other company left us questioning the safety of diving in Cozumel and Mau changed it for us. We got the safety and dive briefings that were lacking with the other company. He was familiar with our friends' experience but yet he still checked our air and looked back every 10 minutes or so to see where we were at. I've never been on a small boat before or done a back entry and he made it seem easy. I just wish the second boat had more of a canopy :)

Each of my dive trips I have a "critter goal" and this one was to see a seahorse. He showed us one on each day. He pointed out a giant octopus, a frilly toadfish and other cool things. Before diving with Mau, I was skeptical about returning to Cozumel but now I would definitely come back! Thanks Mau and Co. for an amazing experience!

2 Thank EEEEEEEEEEEE
Chico, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best dive operator, ever, anywhere!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been diving for 23 years and have been in at least 8 countries. That is a lot of dive shops and dive masters. When Mau promised to find me a seahorse (I have been looking for 23 years and never seen one) I really did not believe him. He found two! He is amazing, attentive, and very, very helpful. He fixed my regulator hose for a fraction of what it would have cost in California. My only regret was that I had prepaid for another company as part of a package so I went back there for the last day. Now I wish I had just spent the money and gone with Mau. Fast boats, great service, keen eyes for unusual sealife and very friendly.

2 Thank Pamela J