“Diving in Feb 2013”
Review of Scuba Mau

Scuba Mau
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Mau is a friendly dive shop dedicated to personal service. We have been in operation on the Island of Cozumel, Mexico for 10 years. With a combined 20 plus years of diving experience, our multilingual team's goal is to provide you with the best and safest diving adventure in Cozumel.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I spent last week in Cozumel
We dove 5 days straight - 2 tank dives with Scuba Mau.
It was great diving with him
We got picked up at our hotel and taken to his shop
He took us to some great dive spots
Real flexible on underwater time, when one of our group ran low on air he sent them back to the pick up boat and stayed with the rest of the group so we got a full tank dive.
There was not one dive where we will were not down for 50 minutes or more.
Saw lots of sea life and Mau has a great eye for spotting interesting items to watch
Mau went of his way to ensure we had great dive experience
we plan on going back

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Did my qualifing dive @ Scuba Mau. Found the staff very attentive, thorough, courteous
and friendly.
Mau uses smaller boats so the experience like a group of friends going on an outing.
The dive masters and captains are pay strict attention to detail, comfort and safety.
Did 6 dives not including qualifying . Hope to dive again with Mau and crew.
Thanks Mau!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Due to a snafu on my part, we didn't get to go out boating with Scuba Mau on our recent visit to Cozumel, but we stopped by his shop and were able to rent fantastic snorkel equipment and do a little snorkeling right across the street from their shop. They had great equipment, and were fantastically hospitable. It was a perfect little taste of Mexico and really the best excursion on our Carribean cruise. They have a great location, about a 20min walk from the cruise terminal (if you are meandering) or a cheap taxi ride. Just tell the driver Villa Blanca hotel. The shop is small. Super nice guys, English spoken (and tolerant of bad Spanish!) a super laid back, fun place. I would not hesitate to plan a trip to Cozumel around snorkeling and scuba diving with these guys. We had drinks and a massage at the bar across the street, after snorkeling for a while and it was a perfect little day. Wow was that water clear, and we saw some pretty cool stuff, even without going anywhere...

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got back from a week in Cozumel with my family and was thrilled to be able to dive 3 times with Scuba Mau. I absolutely love diving with him and this trip was no exception. Mau and his team go out of their way to ensure you're having a great dive experience and are always watching out for your safety.

Ray was my instructor for the week and he was so patient and helpful during each of the dives. Mau dove with us several times and is professional, helpful and a pleasure to dive with.

I would certainly dive with Mau any chance you get. The smaller dive groups make for a more intimate and enjoyable dive experience.

Thanks Mau!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was thrilled to be able to dive with Mau again this week - it's been two years since I last dove with him. All the things you read (small boats, great service, attention to detail) - but what makes the business go is Mau himself. His personality and professionalism make it all work, from email communication in advance of my trip, to being the DM this Monday on two great dives. Pre-dive planning in the boat is thorough and serious, with a great smile. He pays attention to everything under water, not just the sea life and things unusual - the look on every diver's face, sensing exactly how the dive is going for them and how he can improve their safety and experience during the dive.

My hat is off to you once again, Mau - you have my business for life!