“TOURS PLAZA in Cozumel - EXCELLENT service! Don't book anywhere else”

Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$51.25*
and up
Cozumel Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Sightseeing Tour with Private Driver
Ranked #3 of 281 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Get away from the crowds and enjoy the Island in a private taxi tour! During 3, 4, 5 or more hours (the duration of the tour is up to you), visit only the places YOU want to see with one of our licenced and very reliable bilingual drivers. You can choose from our 5 different types of vehicles according to your needs: a car for up to 4 passengers, a van for up to 9 passengers, a van for 10 passengers or a larger van for up to 14 passengers. If you are not familiar with the Island, we can suggest some of the most popular sites to visit. Because it is a private tour, if you like one site better than others, you can stay there as long as you want.
Ontario Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“TOURS PLAZA in Cozumel - EXCELLENT service! Don't book anywhere else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had been to Cozumel on two other occasions, but years ago, on a diving/land based holiday. Cozumel has really "grown up" and is just lovely. Very clean, lots of beautiful spots to visit and enjoy the gorgeous island/ocean scenery - and to meet its wonderful residents!
Five of us took a private van tour on our own off the RCL cruise ship Allure of the Seas. This private, small tour was WORTH EVERY PENNY! Wow! Our driver Leo was fantastic and such a sweetie! (please ask for him specifically!)
It was very easy to book everything online with a credit card or pay pal. They were very efficient and quick to reply and made great suggestions for the tour. There wasn't any pressure to do anything. We were lucky get a taste of the town of San Miguel; tour the Tequila Factory - a GREAT little oasis in the middle of town; the beautiful "wild side" of the island; actual baby turtles just out of their nests; a nice lunch on that incredible stretch of beach; and finally - a nice spot for snorkelling and refreshments! In addition - Leo gave us some very interesting historical information and stories, which were fascinating and very moving - all at the same time.
I enjoyed my visit so much, that I plan to return again on a dive holiday next year. And "YES!" I will be calling TOURS PLAZA and asking for Leo for another tour - to hit all those other spots we missed on Cozumel.
I have travelled all over the world and TOURS PLAZA is the best tour company I have hired. Don't miss out on a wonderful experience. Hats off to TOURS PLAZA in Cozumel and a big shout out to Leo!
KLAS

1 Thank KLAS

Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but this excursion was so good that i just had to write a review to make sure they got some recognition. Our driver for the day was Alberto and he was amazing. He always stopped at the most fascinating points of interest and he was flexible to our schedule and what we wanted to see. He always kept a running conversation and always kept us in mind. We enjoyed 5 short hours of just sight-seeing and hanging around Cozumel. We started the day going to the local chocolate factory and even got to make our own the old-fashioned way. We learned a lot about the history of chocolate and got many free samples. The chocolates were so good we even bought some of them for ourselves to take home! We then decided to drive across the island to look at the natural side of Cozumel (which I recommend going to). During the ride he told us about the history of Cozumel and how the daily life in Cozumel was. We got to see alligators, albino turtles, baby turtles, iguanas, and so many more. After looking at the amazing beaches and spotting the unique wild-life, we than headed back to our port. Alberto was informative throughout the entire trip and I really recommend choosing him as your driver if you pick this excursion. All in all, we had a blast and I could go on and on about how great this but I got a Mexican chocolate bar to devour!

Old Hickory, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous Day--Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I rarely write reviews unless something is really bad or really good. Well, I am here to tell you that this activity was REALLY GREAT! We enjoyed about six hours with Gerry. He was sweet, knowledgeable, an excellent driver, and totally committed to making sure that we enjoyed our day in Cozumel. My husband and two boys (16 and 17) met up with Gerry in the taxi area just as planned. He took us to a local grocery where we bought some Mexican beers for us and some snacks for the boys. It was fun doing something non-touristy! During the day Gerry took us to a Tequila factory (lots of samples), a Turtle Sanctuary, an amazing lunch spot right on the beach (great ceviche!), and a private beach. At the private beach a gentleman offered to take us out snorkeling and provided our equipment at no charge--he just asked that we give him a tip. We really enjoyed the snorkeling and it was well worth tipping him--he pointed out many things I have never seen and made us feel very safe. The drinks at this beach were cheap! Gerry also told us a lot about Cozumel history and answered all of our many questions. We stopped several times for photos (which he took for us with our camera). It was a leisurely day and all four of us really enjoyed it. I highly recommend using this organization and I hope that Gerry is doing well. He is the best!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lisaprimm
Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Taxi and guide for a day in Cozumel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Although there was a breakdown I. Communication as to where we would find our guide, once found,we were off to see and so all of the things we researched to do.
It was great to have a local show us all. The spots Cozumel is famous for along with commentary .Having Plaza Tours for the day made access to attractions and tourist go to spots,easy,affordable and quick.
Gerry s accent was a bit heavy at times, but overall not too bad

Visited September 2013
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Gerry picked us up very promptly. The trip was perfect. Gerry kept an eye on us and we never had a worry. He was a total gentleman, informative, and a lot of fun. I would highly recommend Tours Plaza to anyone. When I go back to Cozumel I will be contacting Tours Plaza for a driver again, The price was very reasonable and the service outstanding.