“Greatest ever!!!!”

Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 295 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get away from the crowds and enjoy the Island in a private taxi tour! During 3, 4, 5 or more hours (the duration of the tour is up to you), visit only the places YOU want to see with one of our licenced and very reliable bilingual drivers. You can choose from our 5 different types of vehicles according to your needs: a car for up to 4 passengers, a van for up to 9 passengers, a van for 10 passengers or a larger van for up to 14 passengers. If you are not familiar with the Island, we can suggest some of the most popular sites to visit. Because it is a private tour, if you like one site better than others, you can stay there as long as you want.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a van reserved for a private tour of Cozumel and we couldn't have asked for more. Marcos, our driver, was waiting for us as we got off the ship and to the taxi line, just as promised. His yellow hat was easy to spot! We also loved that he had a box to step on to aid us 'oldies' in getting in and out of the van. We appreciate the consideration.

He began by asking us what we wanted to do/see/etc. After that we asked him for suggestions and his suggestions were right on! We accomplished both itineraries with his being the better choices. He provided a historical overview of the island as we toured which we greatly appreciated. Marcos was wonderful about stopping for photo ops.

He even found a little out of the way 'mom and pop' place to eat lunch and so glad we arrived when we did because within 20 minutes, the place was full! The food was great and with Marcos' help, we knew what we were eating! The atmosphere was just what we wanted (despite the downpour of rain while we were eating).

We were having such a good time we even extended our rental a little longer but the monsoon-like rains shorted that somewhat.

Whenever we are back in Cozumel, we will definitely contact Tours Plaza for a driver/vehicle and specifically ask for Marcos!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)
All reviews
"taxi area"
in 19 reviews
"personalized tour"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 31 reviews
"air conditioned van"
in 15 reviews
"punta sur"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a great day with Alberto. We pretty much set our own itinerary with suggestions from Alberto. We wanted to go to Chocolates Kaokao Factory tour which was a highlight to our day. Learned the history of chocolate and made our own to bring home. Great for souvenirs.
Our next stop was the tequila tour. Not knowing much about tequila it was very informative and I brought home a bottle to remember my trip by.
Next he took us to the other side of the island, where we happened upon people who we're rescuing sea turtles. This was an amazing sight. Over all a great day and I would definitely rev commend Tours Plaza.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I brought my 18 year old niece on a cruise to Cozumel earlier this year and I wanted her to see the island--not just a small activity the cruise line was selling. I found this private tour company through TripAdvisor and boy am I glad I did!!

Eduardo was amazing in his communications via email in the weeks prior to our visit. I kept researching TripAdvisor and the message boards for things to do. Eduardo also suggested some ideas based on what I wanted from our day in Cozumel... The #1 thing I needed was people I could trust since it was just me & my niece travelling alone.

Our driver was Miguel Castro and he was wonderful... he was waiting just where Eduardo told us he would be... we got right on the road and our first stop was Mr. Sanchos beach club for our first steps on the beach and a closeup look at the amazing water. We then went to the southern part of the island to the lighthouse (at my request)... we got a tour and some history from a local guide there and climbed all the way to the top for some amazing views! Our guide took a lot of pictures of us that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise! We worked our way up the east side of the island--I had never been on this side of the island even though I had been to Cozumel 3 times prior... it was beautiful and we had the most amazing homemade pina colada at a stop on the way. This whole side of the island is just amazing and we got the best pictures. After a quick stop to see the legendary Coconuts, we made our way into San Miguel for perhaps our favorite stop of the day--the Chocolate Factory--Kaokao!! We got to see some history and how the chocolate is made and we actually were able to grind down our own beans :) All of our souvenirs from Cozumel came from this family run business and their gift shop and we were happy to support them.

I highly recommend Eduardo and his group of drivers... the day we visited Cozumel, we only had a few hours since we were on the cruise ship schedule AND all of the water activities booked through the cruise ship were cancelled due to rough seas... the east side of the island was calm and beautiful and while the other passengers were trying to figure out what to do with their day, we had a wonderful day!! I would definitely contact Eduardo again next time we end up in Cozumel!! :)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was our first cruise and trip to Cozumel, on Royal Carribean's Jewel of the Sea, so we were amatuers. We knew this, and took this trip to familiarize ourselves with cruising and to check out a couple Carribean islands. We wanted to get a feel for Cozumel, so hired a car and driver for the day. We booked this land excursion ourselves and Eduardo was great to work with. We spent most of the day driving around, which is exactly what we asked for, but in retrospect was probably not the best use of our limited time on the island. Leo our driver was very nice and knowledgeable about the history and landmarks. I had researched several places to stop, and he accommodated all of our requests. The one thing that was disappointing was that everywhere we stopped there were people hawking their wares/souveniers/photos of my husband and me - all of them pressuring us to buy something. It was overwhelming, and gave me a headache by the end of the day. In addition, in order to disembark and embark from the ship, we had to walk through the Mercado/Market. Vendors will drive you crazy trying to get you to come into their shops. I realize that they are all just trying to make a living and we heard that ours was the last cruise ship to stop in Cozumel before hurricane season started. I guess that they were trying to make as much money as they could to last until the ships returned. If you are used to this, then it probably won't bother you. Now that we've seen the island, and if we were ever to return to Cozumel, we would take the excursion to Isla Pasion for the day. Someone we met on board did this and had a wonderful time. However, if you want to see the Cozumel sights, then hiring a driver is the way to go.