“No stress, just enjoy!”

and up
Cozumel Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Sightseeing Tour with Private Driver
Ranked #3 of 281 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Get away from the crowds and enjoy the Island in a private taxi tour! During 3, 4, 5 or more hours (the duration of the tour is up to you), visit only the places YOU want to see with one of our licenced and very reliable bilingual drivers. You can choose from our 5 different types of vehicles according to your needs: a car for up to 4 passengers, a van for up to 9 passengers, a van for 10 passengers or a larger van for up to 14 passengers. If you are not familiar with the Island, we can suggest some of the most popular sites to visit. Because it is a private tour, if you like one site better than others, you can stay there as long as you want.
Cayman Islands
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“No stress, just enjoy!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Cozumel in February 2013 on our honeymoon from the Celebrity Constellation cruise. I chose Hiring a Driver for the Day based on Trip Advisor's ratings. I'm so glad we did! Javier, cab 272, picked us up promptly at 1030am and we jumped in to his comfortable and clean air conditioned taxi. His only concern was to make us happy and asked what we would like to do. He suggested the Chocolate Factory tour, which wasn't on my list, and that was our first stop. Javier was so friendly and kind, taking his time to explain Mexico's history and culture, stopping whenever we wanted to take a photo and always there waiting for us when we finished an excursion or tour. He recommended a fabulous Mexican restaurant for lunch and my husband and I enjoyed it very much - we felt bad for Javier who waited there in the taxi for us - but he said not to worry, go and enjoy ourselves! We also visited the ruins, the market and a huge shopping store as I told him I was in search of my face creams at a lower cost! We also asked where we could buy shoes and he knew exactly where to take us. He came in and translated for us and we bought five pairs of shoes for US$85. We spent almost 7 hours with Javier and it was the highlight of our day - just knowing we could go anywhere and be safe. Don't hesitate to book!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank GrandCayman

Canton, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great tour and driver!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great tour of the island and especially enjoyed the far side of the island! Our driver, Amir, was awesome and very accommodating. It was a great day in Cozumel and a much needed break from our cruise.

2 Thank CantonGaBill
Ponce Inlet, FL
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Enjoy your day on Cozumel, Hire a Driver for the Day”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

On a recent cruise to Cozumel we decided we should hire a driver for the day instead of renting cars. We made a great choice. Booking was easy online. Our ship arrived at a different dock, but after asking some locals for a little help our driver met us and we were off for a day of adventure. Having a driver meant we didn’t have to worry about where we were going and could enjoy some local flavor we wouldn’t get in rental cars. There were 8 of us and we were able to be together in the van.

We put together a list of places we wanted to go and sent that ahead so our driver would have it when we arrived. Our driver, Jerry, was very accommodating, offered good advice, made great recommendations and made sure we had a fantastic time. Our first stop, recommended by Jerry, was a small grocery store so we could get drinks and snacks to put in the cooler in the van. One of the stops we planned was the Mayan Ruins. Jerry told us to hire a guide for $20, we told him we would just go without a guide. He said we would be much happier when we came out if we had a guide. In fact he was so sure he said he would pay half!! We took Jerry’s advice and hired a guide. He was right, the guide made the tour much better. (We didn’t let Jerry pay his half.)

After the ruins we discussed where we should go for lunch. Jerry had a couple of recommendations and we decided on Playa Bonita for a wonderful water front lunch. When we were done with lunch and getting ready to leave a Mariachi Band arrived and started playing. Jerry made sure we sat back down to enjoy their music. He even tipped them!!

Jerry shared pictures of his family with us, answered a lot of questions, showed us places we wouldn’t be able to see on our own and after lunch, on the way back to the ship, serenaded us!! We all got into it and started singing. All throughout the day Jerry asked if we wanted to stop and take pictures.

Jerry is a driver we recommend you request for a good time.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rmpaul
Lake George, New York, United States
“Great day!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had George for the day on Tuesday, February 12. First, we did a free tequila tour, which was great! Then, we visited the Mayan ruins. They were okay, but I wouldn't spend the extra money to do the guided tour because the guide was very hard to understand. We found the iguanas to be the most interesting part! Lastly, we had lunch on the beach at Chen Rio. The beach was very nice, and lunch was delicious. We ordered the large fish platter to share. Highly recommend the red snapper!!! Lunch ended up being about $35 per person, which was a bit expensive. I'm thinking they may have added gratuity or something and not told us. I had a very large Piña colada that was $10. George offered to bring us shopping where the locals go, but we were all ready to head back to the ship. This is a great way to see a variety of things.

Visited February 2013
NC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Plan Ahead”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

After all the rave reviews I was somewhat disappointed. Booking the driver was a quick and simple procedure. Eduardo was always quick to respond to my questions. Our driver, Pino, was ready and waiting when we arrived at the port. He was a nice fellow. We were disappointed to see that our transportation was not a station wagon but small car. Three of us were crammed in the back seat and the 4th person sat up front. There was no cooler for our drinks. To say the least, it was not a pleasant experience.

When we booked the trip, we indicated a few places we wanted to visit. Pino drove us to these locations plus a few of his choosing. One stop was supposed to be an ecological park when in fact it was a wooded lot with fake animal statues placed through out the park. I had the feeling that either Driver for the Day or Pino was being commissioned to take us to these locations.

I believe that had we planned ahead and directed Pino, we would have had a better experience. A bigger car would have helped also. Next time I go to Cozumel, I will go to Mr. Sancho's and spend the day there. It looked fabulous.

Visited January 2013