“Carlos is a wonderful tour guide”

Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Cozumel Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Sightseeing Tour with Private Driver
More Info
$51.25*
and up
Private Tour: 5-Hour Cozumel Sightseeing with Private Driver and Tequila Tasting
Ranked #3 of 284 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Get away from the crowds and enjoy the Island in a private taxi tour! During 3, 4, 5 or more hours (the duration of the tour is up to you), visit only the places YOU want to see with one of our licenced and very reliable bilingual drivers. You can choose from our 5 different types of vehicles according to your needs: a car for up to 4 passengers, a van for up to 9 passengers, a van for 10 passengers or a larger van for up to 14 passengers. If you are not familiar with the Island, we can suggest some of the most popular sites to visit. Because it is a private tour, if you like one site better than others, you can stay there as long as you want.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just returned from a cruise that stopped for a day in Cozumel. We had arranged a driver for the day and we were promptly met at the port by our guide Carlos. Carlos was a very good guide and told us many things about the history of cozumel. He has an excellent map in the car so that you can detail exactly what you want to see. I am very pleased with our experience and our tour. I will tell you that you need to watch your time as the base cost is $95.00 for three hours and $25 per hour after that. Obviously they would love to keep you in the car as long as possible so it is up to you to keep track of your time. The time starts once you are in the car so no problem if you ship is late arriving your driver will be there waiting for you. Carlos was eager for us to enjoy our time on the island and he contributed greatly to our enjoyment of the day. I will definitely use this service again and would recommend it over just grabbing a cab on your own. The car was clean and air conditioned, our guide Carlos was very knowledgeable.

3  Thank jimmielea

Reviewed March 10, 2012

It was our the best and greatest day in Cozumel. We took our 80 years old mom on this excursion and from the first minute we met Cantaro we felt like we met the best old friend. Cantaro was fabulous
He made our day excellent, drive around island, best coconut drink,views, beaches and so many more in only few hours.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We will be back to enjoy again and ask for your help.

1  Thank Funvacationand
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Cantero was so much fun and helpful. He was a very safe driver! He was on time and took us to get a cooler filled with drinks for the day. Off we went to the Tequila Factory, Bob Marley's Bar, Coconut Bar and Grill, shopping where ever we wanted to go he took us. We had a lot of fun. Ask for Cantero

2  Thank Jules201106
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We spent the day with Eduardo when our cruise ship came to Cozumel. It was a great day. We were able to see the island, see the ruins, and had a wonderful lunch. He is highly recommended!!

1  Thank jabberjaw070596
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I found Cozumel Hire a Driver for a Day here on Tripadvisor. They had so many glowing reviews, I figured I would give them a try. We were not disappointed!

It was my 3rd trip to Cozumel and I wanted to something different and not book a excursion from the ship.

I was extremely happy with my choice to hire Eduardo and his drivers. We were blessed with Cantaro as our driver. He is the greatest person that we have met while on Cozumel. My family & I felt as if we have an extended family on Cozumel. I look forward to our return and hiring Cantaro again.

We originally booked a car for 4 people, but while onboard the ship it became evident that we needed a van for 8. We emailed Eduardo the night before we arrived in Cozumel and he was gracious to allow us to book a van.

Cantaro was fabulous! He took us around to the other side of the island, that we haven't seen before. He brought us to this little coconut stand on the side of the road for ice cold coconuts, where we discovered that chili powder on fresh coconut is fantastic. He took the initiative to help us with our photos when my husband & I decided to renew our vows on the beach.

We realized by the time we were aboard the ship & it was leaving port, that we forgot a photo in the van. Eduardo was so helpful! He scanned the photo and is holding on to it for when we return.

It was our greatest trip so far and I look forward to our return.

Un millón de gracias, Eduardo & Cantaro!

4  Thank Amanda F