“Perfect Day!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cozumel Pearl Farm
Ranked #19 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cozumel Pearl Farm is a family owned and operated pearl farm nestled in a beautiful white sand beach on the north shore of Cozumel Island. Being the only active Pearl Farm in the Caribbean, Cozumel Pearl Farm is located in a natural protected area that remains pristine and untouched; it is only accessible by boat since it is surrounded by the mangrove lagoon ecosystem on one side and the fascinating turquoise color waters of the Caribbean on the other.Conceived as a project of research and development of the species Pinctada radiata in 2001, this spectacular place opened its doors for ecotourism in early 2012 with the purpose to promote responsible travelling and preserve the area in its untouched state for future generations to enjoy.Be one of our exclusive guests, enjoy this unique experience and become part of our project.Off the beaten path... Where tourist become travelersJoin us on this authentic and unique experience.Let us share our piece of paradise with you and our passion for nature. Enjoy the amazing landscape untouched and in pristine conditions.Ideal destination for those who want to experience sustainable ecotourism away from crowds.We like to have small groups, so we can give you the best personal attention.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I went on this excursion on our last day in Cozumel. We were picked up at the dock and taken north to the Pearl Farm were we treated to a great day. We were the only ones on the tour that day and were given a tour of the farm buildings and processes used to farm the pearls. We were then take out to the actual farm where we snorkled and looked and the various steps in the process and got to see their underwater statue and artificial reef. Then we got to be towed behind the boat (power snorkeling) to look at some of the larger coral heads on the way back. This was a lot more fun than it sounded before hand! Back at the farm we had a good lunch and then got to walk the deserted beach for a while. My wife found some great shells and I had a good time looking at all the sights. We did a little swimming before heading back to the city in the late afternoon. We could not have had a better last day!!!

Visited August 2012
Qualti I, Propietario at Cozumel Pearl Farm, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Hello on behalf of the Cozumel Pearl Farm family we are very grateful that you write us a comment, It was a pleasure to welcome you and share with you this experience. Hope to see you back

Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Must-See in Cozumel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I visited the pearl farm with my mother (Me 31, her 65) last week and it was AMAZING! Pancho and his crew were super nice and everything was beautiful. Gaia the dog was also very friendly and adorable.
As a gemmology student I was fascinated to see the pearl cultivating process firsthand, but the grounds themselves were beautiful as well. We snorkeled and "speed snorkeled" (we grabbed a rope and were dragged by the boat) through the area and it was lots of fun. Afterwards we had a great burger and just chilled out on the beach. This was probably the highlight of our trip to Cozumel, thank you again for a wonderful day!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kym D
Cancun
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Excellent experience and a great blend of laid-back attitude and professionalism””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I didn't know what to expect from a pearl farm, as I had never seen or really heard of one before, so I was incredibly curious and excited to get the chance to discover one.
We were picked up by the very friendly crew and taken on their boat. One of the crew members explained the set up more or less of the area while we were in the boat, but as the farm appeared on the horizon from the boat, it surpasses all my expectations. I thought I had landed in Paradise. I couldn't believe my eyes at how beautiful, and quintessentially Robinsoe-crusoe-esque the place was.

We were given a very informative and interesting tour of the farm, it's establishment, how they deal with hurracanes, about how the pearls are developed and a little about the history of pearlying was followed by a light enjoyable lunch. We were then taken out on the water to see the actual shells and given a guided tour of the river seeing some of the flora and fauna of the area. Finally we were given the opportunity to see the real pearls in the lab with an explanation of what makes a good one.
The pearl farm is a family run business, made up of the perfect combination of biologists and engineers in the family. So, not only do you get to see and learn about pearling but also about how to provide high quality modern comfort in the form of low impact eco-constructions. It was incredibly interesting to get this multi-faceted approach.
More so, we got to see what this meant to the family who run it, and how it is part of a life long dream well and truly fulfilled.

Amongst all the other activities and opportunities available in Cozumel, the Pear Farm is indeed a pearl in its self within Cozumel. A MUST see

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Bea_zx
Reno, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“~Beautiful & Relaxing~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The tour was so informative...To see all their hard work shows in the love of what they do....Pancho does a great bbq for lunch.....The speed snorkling was so neat & something i had never done....The hand made jewlery from their pearls is beautiful.....thank you Arturo ,Pancho & family.....Hope to see you soon...

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BlondieMermaid
Hemphill, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The "BEST" day above water, you'll have in Cozumel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I visited the farm on 7/13/12. We were the only two people, so we had the place to ourselves. Arturo was the best...we both learned so much about pearls and the process involved, was all very interesting and presented in a real hands-on approach. The boat ride, the snorkeling of the farm, the "power" snorkeling was the best, then there was a great lunch with lots of free time afterwards to walk down the beach as far as you can go, relax on the swings or hammocks or shell searching. (I found the most perfectly polished conch shell almost completely buried during my walk north of the farm). Have been to Cozumel 7 times in the past 12 years, and aside from the diving, this is the most fun, enjoyable and relaxing way to experience the island!!

Visited July 2012