“I felt like we were leaving friends.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kiwi
Ranked #253 of 359 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Louisville, KY
“I felt like we were leaving friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

After a few days in Cozumel, I kept searching for that place that would show my husband what I had experienced in past trips to Mexico. We found it at Kiwi's, a new restaurant on 5a Avenida. We were on our way to another restuarant, but we stopped outside Kiwi's to listen to a local band that was practicing in a small building across the street. Gratitude to that band for providing us with the opportunity to stop at Kiwi's. We had croquetas de jamon, ensalada de verduras (healthy with a delicious balsamic sauce/vinaigrette), & pizza. More importantly, both the server & chef were exceptionally sweet & friendly, and the group of locals hanging out at the entrance were a testament to that. We didn't want to leave what was perhaps the friendliest place we encountered on the island. Only open for dinner (at least in November, the slow season). Make it a priority!

• Visited November 2011